Introducing the Mindstream Update!
A whole new way to watch, remix, and share content in Mindshow.
We’re back with an even BIGGER update for ya, now available for free on Steam 😊! Here’s what’s new:
✅ Character Scaling
✅ Glue Tool
✅ Ragdoll Tool
✅ Performance Mode
✅ Coworking Playset
✅ Jasmine, Mei, and Kyle Characters
✅ Experimental Interactive Sets
✅ Sound Board
✅ Interactive Prop
✅ Blank Canvas Sets
Hear directly from the devs about all the new features in our third livestream Thursday, June 7th at 3:30 PDT on twitch.tv/mindshow!
Enjoy new shows from the community everyday with the Mindstream, a new way to watch, remix, and share content easier and faster than ever before! Check back often to see what’s popular!
Ride the Stream by picking a show to watch (you can sort by “Popular” and “New,” and filter by “All Ages”). Shows seamlessly download in the background and play back to back in one continuous flow. At the end of each show, you’ll have a moment to send some reactions to let the creator know what you think!
Hit the remix button to pop open the Hand Menu and make your own version of a show you’re watching on the Stream!
Anyone can share shows directly to the Mindstream from the new Share tab in the Hand Menu (it looks like a rocket 🚀). Give your show a name and age rating, and it’ll appear at the top of the New section of the Stream. The more reactions it receives, the higher it’ll climb in the Popular section. Mindshow fame, here we come 🔥!
Let us know what you think of the Mindstream Update in our Discord, a great place to share your shows, get to know the community, and chat with the devs!
Use the Scale Tool to make characters HUGE or teeny weeny! Destroy cities with Kyle, the friendly neighborhood Kaiju 🦖!
We’ve added Performance Mode and two ridiculous new tools to the Settings tab. You may experience some rough edges using these features, so please use at your own risk 😉!
Play dead with the Ragdoll Tool. You can even record animation for characters while they’re lying down!
Stick props to characters, to the environment, or hold them in the air with the Glue Tool. You can even attach characters to other characters! It’s a whole new level of ridiculous!
Turn on Performance Mode in the Settings tab to record changes you make with the Glue, Move, and Ragdoll Tools. Now you can animate Hand Menu props without the Invisible Character using the Move Tool. Spooky action at a distance!
Relax from a hard day at work… in VR with the new Coworking Playset! There’s even a coffee bar (with kombucha on tap 😉), a meeting room, and tons of easter eggs! It’s our first set to feature interactive elements like a clickable computer keyboard and working elevator doors.
The Coworking Playset also comes with three new props (a clipboard, standup desk, and stool) and two new characters, Jasmine and Mei!
All right, now get back to work 😜!
Experimental Interactive Sets
We’ve added interactive elements and other updates to several of our sets:
- Spaceship Bridge: Warp speed, captain! The buttons on the console are more than eye-candy — hit them to trigger a red alert or enter warp speed.
- Western Town: Hit the interactive button to switch between day, sunset, and nighttime!
- Operating Room: You can now delete the piñata and open the operating room doors. We won’t look if you throw another character on there with the Ragdoll Tool 🙈.
- Green Screen: With the interactive button, change the green color to white, blue, black, or gray, and turn the tracking markers on and off.
- Fridge: The lobster (and other items) are now deletable.
- Pearly Gates: Open and close the gates with the new interactive button on the podium.
- Middle of Nowhere: We made the gas station a prop so you can delete it. Now you’re really in the middle of nowhere!
- Gradient Spaces: We’ve extended the playspace boundaries to give you more space to decorate them with Google Poly objects.
Use the sound board prop to play sound effects like laughter, applause, bleeping, and more! Hop into a character and hit an icon to trigger each sound.
The gavel, basketball, and harp now have interactive sound effects 🎶!
Blank Canvas Sets
We made the Desert and Countryside sets to give you more space to decorate environments with Google Poly objects. They both have day and night sky options you can change with an interactive button.
Updated Desktop Overlay
Click the gear icon on the desktop overlay to manage your email preferences and other settings.
There’s a LOT in this update, and we’d really appreciate your feedback in the #Mindstream-Update channel in Discord. Thanks so much!
Mindstream: Watch, remix, and share shows with other Mindshow users faster and easier than ever before! Shows download in the background and play back to back. Send reactions, remix your own version, and/or report mislabelled or inappropriate content. In the Home Space, sort the Stream by “New” and “Popular,” and filter by “All Ages.” The Mindstream and public sharing replaces the Feed and sharing to friends.
Character Scaling: Use the Scale Tool to make character HUGE or teeny weeny!
Glue Tool: Stick characters to props and even other characters with the Glue Tool!
Ragdoll Tool: Make characters play dead and animate them while they’re lying down.
Performance Mode: Turn on Performance Mode in the Settings tab to record changes you make with the Glue, Move, and Ragdoll Tools into the timeline. Animate props — no need for the Invisible Character.
Coworking Playset: Our first set to feature interactive elements like a clickable computer keyboard and working elevator doors, the Coworking Playset also comes with new props and characters (Jasmine and Mei).
Kyle Character: Your friendly neighborhood kaiju!
Experimental Interactive Sets: Updated several sets with interactive elements.
Sound Board: Play sound effects like laughter, applause, bleeping, and more!
Interactive Props: The gavel, basketball, and harp now have interactive sound effects!
Blank Canvas Sets: We made a few blank canvas sets to give you more space to decorate environments with Google Poly objects.
Updated Desktop Overlay: Click the gear icon on the desktop overlay to manage your email preferences and other settings.
We’ve decoupled filming a 2D video from exporting, which will allow us to do cool things with the camera path in the future. After you save your camera performance, confirm the export in the Settings tab.
Replaced Cam with the audience marker.
Removed the scale limit.
- Improved character jitteriness with puppet smoothing.
- Improvements to scaled and Google Poly prop grabbing.
- Performance improvements, including a fix for slowdowns with the NVIDIA GTX 970 graphics card.
- Should no longer be ejected from a puppet at unexpected times.
- Switching tools rapidly should no longer break the laserline.
- Fixed state where you couldn’t exit a puppet after losing tracking on your left controller.
- Naming a show no longer requires you to delete “Untitled” before titling your show.
- You can no longer react to your own shows.
- New tools and interactive sets are wildly experimental — expect to have issues.
- Changing filters in the Stream sometimes loads indefinitely. Switch to My Shows and back to the Stream to work around this.
- The home button sometimes locks after remixing a show in the Stream. To get around this, remix another show and click the Share tab (rocket icon), and the Home button will unlock.
- New highlights for characters and props is a little rough around the edges.
- We’ve observed that users with a large amount of saved show files may experience long load times when returning to the Home Space. We’re working on a fix, but you can move or delete these files to speed it up.
- Poly attribution tab won’t close when opening a show in My Shows.
- Boxes in the Intro are out of place.
- Scaled characters will jitter at certain scales.