The Big Enchilada Update 🎉
Featuring Google Poly Support and the Multi-Cut Camera!
We’ve got a BIG update for ya, now available on Steam 😊! Here’s what’s new:
✅ Google Poly
✅ Multi-cut Camera
✅ Move & Rotate Combo Tool
✅ Scale Tool
✅ Camera Preview
✅ Show Reactions
✅ Improved Prop Grabbing
✅ Mindshow Labs for Everyone
✅ Audience Panel
Import custom assets with Google Poly! Sign into your Google account on the desktop overlay and “like” ❤️any Google Blocks object or OBJ model to load it into the new Poly tab on your hand menu. Go wild decorating your set, then VR Share your show with your Steam friends!
As one of our most requested features, we’re thrilled to expand Mindshow’s storytelling possibilities! Thank you to the Mindshow Astronauts for helping test this in Mindshow Labs!
Create videos with multiple shots with the new multi-cut camera! Hold the trigger to both play and record the video at the same time. Let go to pause and change locations between shots — even teleport! Pull the trigger again to resume recording. Film as many different angles as you’d like to make your own multi-cut masterpiece from inside VR!
Join our Discord
Create and share a video in the new public Discord using Poly and the Multi-cut Camera by April 22nd 11:59 PDT to enter to win a $25 Steam gift card! Discord is a great place to share your shows, get to know the community, and chat with the devs!
Preview your 2D video in the hand menu before you export, with the option to confirm or cancel it! No more unwanted exports 👏!
Move & Rotate Combo Tool
We combined the move and rotate tools for even speedier character and prop placement! Simply select any object and twist your wrist to rotate it.
Make props jumbo-sized or itsy-bitsy with the Scale Tool! Select any prop (including Google Poly objects) and move your controller up or down to make it larger or smaller. Instantly make any show 10X more ridiculous!
Send your love to a show’s creator with Reactions! While playing shows from the Feed, share your feedback in the form of unicorn vomit, laughs, party horns, and hearts. When they open Mindshow, they’ll receive your reactions in the home space!
Improved Prop Grabbing
We’ve consistently received feedback from the community about not being able to pick up props using characters with short arms. Feel like a T. rex no longer! Props will now magnetically jump into your hand when you try to grab them.
Mindshow Labs for Everyone!
We’re making Mindshow Labs available to everyone! After entering this special experimental mode from the home space, you can use up to 99 characters, 99 props, and record up to 60 seconds. Go wild, but use Labs at your own risk! Shows created with Labs cannot be shared, and using these more demanding features might result in lower performance.
We’re also pressing pause on the Astronaut Program in general, as we reevaluate how we can better serve our most active community members. Thank you to our Astronauts for helping test Mindshow Labs — we really appreciate your support!
View how many shows you’ve VR shared, as well as who you’re sharing with in the Audience Panel.
- Google Poly: Import assets from Google Poly into the Poly tab by “liking” them on poly.google.com
- Move & Rotate Combo Tool: We combined the move and rotate tools. Select any object and twist your wrist to rotate it.
- Scale Tool: Make any prop or Google Poly object bigger or smaller by moving your controller up or down.
- Multi-cut Camera: Create 2D videos with cuts! Pull and hold the trigger to record, release to pause, then change your angle and continue recording to export a video with both shots.
- Camera Preview: See a preview of your video in the hand menu, with the option to confirm or cancel the export.
- Show Reactions: Open a show from the Feed and send your feedback to the show’s creator while you’re watching it! Choose from unicorn vomit, laughs, party horns, and hearts. The creator will receive your reactions in the home space.
- Improved Prop Grabbing: Props will magnetically jump into your hand when you reach for them.
- Mindshow Labs for Everyone: Enter this experimental mode to use up to 99 characters, 99 props, and record up to 60 seconds. Use at your own risk!
- Audience Panel: View how many shows you’ve VR shared, as well as who you’re sharing with in the Audience Panel.
- General stability improvements.
- Under-the-hood changes so we can make features faster.
- Performance improvements for lower-end machines.
- Fixed issue where assets pulled out of the hand menu sometimes defaulted to the red highlight material.
- Google OAuth fixes.
- Starting pose of characters is incorrect.
- The “Bad Doctor” starter is missing a thumbnail.