Micro impressions from Mobile Growth Europe 2015
- 8 seconds is human attention span
- 30 hours each month is spent in apps
- 76 seconds takes us to switch to another app
- 63% of apps are discovered through the app store
This month I’ve attended conference on User Acquisition, Monetization, and Retention/Engagement organized by Mobile Growth Fellowship in Berlin.
Lineup of speakers was impressive, from AppAnnie, Facebook, Google, Nordeus, Rovio, Shazam, Soundcloud, Twitter, Zynga and many others. Even more so since I come from a small family-run startup struggling on a daily basis to reach and retain users, let alone monetize from them. And YES! it was comforting to hear firsthand that these guys dealt with the same sorts of problems, only on a massive scale.
I took a lot of notes during the conference, and these are the highlights of mobile growth in 2015:
- ASO (App Store Optimization) — description of the app and visuals should be updated and relevant
- Reinvent often — run A/B tests, change keywords and visuals, boost videos
- Content and emergency dictate which communication channel is appropriate
- Push notifications and personalized messaging have become standard in user communication
- Pre-cashing is most important in mobile industry
Berlin is wonderful as ever! Conference venue, catering and service were outstanding. Still, I used breaks to step out onto the street and watch the buzz. That’s when I saw people and their dog hopping on one of those river cruises.
Should you like wish further discuss the above topics, startup life and sores or MookieApp features and functionalities, do leave a comment here or drop me a note at email@example.com. I’d love to keep in touch.
Originally published at MookieApp.com