Performance Review for Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and the Senate
WORK PRODUCT — The quality and quantity of work produced by the employee/s.
· Has made frequent errors that are harmful to the country’s operations.
· The President/Public have received numerous complaints about the quality of work.
· The quality of work produced is unacceptable.
· Does not complete required work.
Insubordinate — refuses to complete assigned tasks.
DEPENDABILITY — Being where he/she should be doing what he/she is supposed to do.
· Often calls in to work without prior approval, resulting in excessive unscheduled absences.
· Leaves the work area unattended to run personal errands.
· Is frequently late to work
· Frequently leaves work early.
COOPERATIVENESS — Working with people.
· Projects an attitude of superiority that turns off other employees.
· Not cooperative and frequently criticizes others.
· Displays excessive negativity when working with others.
ADAPTABILITY — Adjusting to change.
· Usually needs direct supervision, even for mundane and everyday tasks.
· Is not able to think independently or to deal with unexpected occurrences.
· Gets flustered in unusual situations.
· Does not always make the best decisions to fit the situation.
COMMUNICATION — Giving and receiving information.
· Reports, forms, memos and correspondence are often completed late or not at all.
· Uses a condescending tone when talking to others in the office.
· The President and the public have received a few complaints about contradictory or bad information being given out by the employee.
· Messages are often unclear or incomplete.
DAILY DECISION MAKING/ PROBLEM SOLVING — Thinking on the job.
· Frequently comes to the wrong conclusions and assumes things.
· Did not make sure that all subordinates were productive at all times, which is a daily requirement of this job.
· Needs to develop analytical skills necessary to weigh options and choose the best way to deal with situations.
· Spends too much time focusing on less important aspects of daily job.
SERVICE TO CLIENTS/PUBLIC
· Frequently rude and impolite.
· Demonstrates poor customer relation skills.
· Frequently carries on personal conversations in person or on the phone while clients and customers wait.
· Gets annoyed with clients who ask too many questions.
· Frequently forgets to follow through on customer requests.
· Forwards any complaints or problems to supervisor immediately.
PROJECT PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
· Work projects have suffered from lack of follow-through.
· Important documentation for projects has been lost or destroyed erroneously.
· Does not plan ahead to meet work deadlines.
· Does not keep supervisor informed of potential problems as they arise.
· Project plans are poorly designed.
· Project plans are not carried out as assigned or on time.
WORK GROUP MANAGEMENT
· Dictates to others rather than involving them in the decision-making.
· Has reduced subordinates to tears.
· Yells and screams at subordinates.
· Assumes others should know what to do and how to do it with little or no training.
· Frequently becomes impatient when things aren’t done their way.