Applications for Mozilla’s OLˣ program are now open! We’re seeking leaders who are ready to organize a local or discipline-specific Open Leaders program in 2020.
Mozilla Open leaders is a mentorship-based, cohort-focused leadership training program that raised up over 500 leaders over 3.5 years. Past Open Leaders graduates have developed a toolkit for civic tech, convened inclusive communities of emerging open source developers in India, built an open community of science communicators, created open tools to tackle bias in AI, and much, much more. Each graduate is on the front lines of the growing, world-wide movement for openness, and a better, healthier internet for all.
Now, as a participant in OLˣ, YOU can run your own Open Leaders cohort, and transform your community and discipline with mentorship,open practices, leadership skills, and powerful, supportive, networked relationships. And you’ll join thousands of other leaders in the global movement for internet health.
Why join us in OLˣ? The benefits are many. You’ll:
- receive movement-building training and mentorship on program design from Mozilla staff and community mentors
- access an expansive community of experts, mentors, technologists and more
- connect your work with Mozilla’s broader, global internet health initiatives, via a direct relationship with a Mozilla Champion.
- gain practical experience in community building, sharing your vision, and working open at MozFest, Mozilla’s annual festival for internet health
- develop expertise and strengthen collaborative relationships in your own community by leaps and bounds
OLˣ aims to catalyze multiple community-run Open Leaders programs with diverse audiences to serve as entry-points into the internet health movement. The program runs from September to November 2019. For more details and our 2019 areas of focus, see the Open Leaders Website, or apply now!
Applications close August 1st.