How To Overcome Any Obstacle In Life
This post is all about overcoming obstacles in your life with 3 simple steps. Inspired by Ryan Holiday’s book, The Obstacle Is The Way. Would highly recommend everyone to read!
Step #1) Perception
In every situation, we must try:
- To be objective
- To control emotions
- To choose to see the good in a situation
- To steady our nerves
- To ignore what disturbs or limits others
- To place things in perspective
- To revert to the present moment
- To focus on what can be controlled.
Step #2) Action
Greet your obstacles:
- With energy
- with persistence
- with a coherent and deliberate process
- with iteration and resilience
- with pragmatism
- with strategic vision
- with craftiness and savvy
- and an eye for opportunity
Step #3) Will
In every situation, we can
- Always prepare ourselves for more difficult times.
- Always accept what we’re unable to change.
- Always manage our expectations
- Always persevere
- Always learn to love our fate and what happens to us.
- Always protect our inner self, retreat into ourselves.
- Always submit to a greater, larger cause.
- Always remind ourselves of our own mortality
— — —
If you dig this article, a recommendation shows me, the Medium staff, and the Medium community that this content is worth sharing. Thanks!
Originally published at www.outsideoftheclassroom.com on June 14, 2015.