World Summit Awards 2017
A month ago, I was honoured to be appointed the new National Expert for the World Summit Awards — an award which be held in Zurich, Austria that honours technology innovations that have made an impact in their country of origin — in this case Zambia. The goal of the award is to promote digital innovations that have had a high impact on Society & the encouragement of Youth Entrepreneurship and Digital Creativity (source:WSA).
WSA keeps a close strategic association with the United Nation agendas. By reporting national digital developments back at the United Nations World Summit on the Information Society (UN WSIS) it is supporting the UN Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda (source:WSA).
How To Apply For The Awards
Application for the Awards is done through contacting the appointed National Expert for each country — for Zambia, I will be the one responsible for this — taking over from Silumesii Maboshe. If your innovation meets the selection criteria specified by the WSA, it will be added on the list of nominees and you will be inform of this.
Innovations That Are Considered For Nomination
The WSA considers all tech related innovations that have been launched and have had a high impact in their county of origin — these can be mobile apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. The award nomination is open to individuals,teams,companies and organizations that have innovations which meet the selection criterias.
The following are the categories that one can apply in.
- GOVERNMENT & CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT
- HEALTH & WELL BEING
- LEARNING & EDUCATION
- ENVIRONMENT & GREEN ENERGY
- CULTURE & TOURISM
- SMART SETTLEMENTS & URBANIZATION
- BUSINESS & COMMERCE
- INCLUSION & ENPOWERMENT
Benefits of Winning the Awards
The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration (source:WSA). Winners of the awards instead benefit from:
Invitation to the WSA World Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 7 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders from over 178 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops that will aid you in making your project in obtaining global recognition
- A video that highlights your project
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within all WSA editorial channels such asBlogs, Articles and Success Stories
Benefits of being nominated include:
- Recieve more coverage on your product:The WSA provides nominees with press templates and helps them to gain the attention of national media with the support of our international team of high class media and ICT experts.
- Receive a World Summit Award nominee seal which you can use on your websites, your social media channels and your publications.
- Earn a chance to receive feedback from the Grand Jury.
- Being nominated for the World Summit Award means that your product is the best in the country in one of our 8 categories.
Contact Your National Expert
If you wish to be considered for nominations or if you have questions about the Award, you can send email to email@example.com and I will be happy to help you. You can also visit World Summit Award using this link.