Many times developers like me come to a situation where you have only an Un-Symbolicated crash logs from the remote user and have to find out the exact issue of the crash. For such situation, we can Re-Symbolicate crash logs manually.
To get your symbolicated logs from Crash logs you will need following files:
- MyApp.app — Application file (Executable).
- MyApp-dsym.dSYM — dSYM file, generated by XCODE when actual .app file complied.
- MyApp-Crash-log.crash — Crash log, that can be taken from real device.
Move all the above files (MyApp.app, MyApp-dSYM.dSYM and MyApp-Crash-log.crash) into a Folder with a convenient name wherever you can go using Terminal easily.
For me, Desktop is the most easily reachable place ;)
So, I have moved these three files into a folder MyApp at Desktop.
Now its turn of Finder, Go to the path from following whichever is applicable for your XCODE version.
Other then Xcode 6
Copy symbolicatecrash file from this location, and paste it to the Desktop/MyApp
(Wait… Don’t blindly follow me, I am pasting sybolicatecrash file in folder MyApp, one that you created in step one at your favorite location, having three files.)
Open Terminal, and CD to the MyApp Folder.
- cd Desktop/MyApp — Press Enter
- export DEVELOPER_DIR=”/Applications/XCode.app/Contents/Developer” — Press Enter
- ./symbolicatecrash -v MyApp-Crash-log.crash MyApp.dSYM — Press Enter
That’s it !! Symbolicated logs are on your terminal…
Now what are you waiting for? Simply, Find out the Error and resolve it ;)
Happy Coding !!!