HOW TO BRAINSTORM CREATIVE IDEAS
Brainstorming, a technique that is involved in almost every startup. You’ve used it at least once, even if you didn’t realize it. Here I am going to provide some tips related to brainstorming effectively, I have compiled these tips from various internet sources and paired them with some minimal illustrations using Sketch.
- First, Brainstorm alone, people generate 2x more ideas when working alone than in groups
- To brainstorm alone: take a walk. studies prove walking increase creativity
- Unplug. Connect to nature to boost creativity by up to 50%
- Let yourself be bored. boredom leads to creativity, research proves
- Take a shower to get the ingredients for a creative epiphany: Dopamine, distraction & relaxation.
- To generate game-changing ideas, challenge all of your assumptions about your topic of choice.
- Stop pretending that every idea is a good one.
- Isolate yourself temporarily.
- Brainstorming is not a one step process. Ideas need to be incubated sometimes for days or even weeks
- Try Brainwriting instead of Brainstorming
- Great ideas created from many smaller ideas. Don’t expect eureka
- If you can’t brainstorm a solution, take a break.
- Welcome bad ideas to be more creative.
- Get feedback from everyone during brainstorming even from introverts.
- Come out of the office, go somewhere fun to create fresh ideas!
- Strengths? Weaknesses? Opportunities? Threats?
- Spend some time brainstorming then Take a nap, its part of creative process.
- Don’t allow more than a moment of silence. Keep the ideas flowing.
When managed well, brainstorming can help you generate radical solutions to problems. It can also encourage people to commit to solutions, because they have provided input and played a role in developing them.
The best approach combines individual and group brainstorming. During the process, there should be no criticism of ideas, and creativity should be encouraged. So, thats what I was thinking to share with all.
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/themrugraj
LINKEDIN : https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrugraj