Before you say “…I do.”
You should take a moment alone …
Ask yourself some questions.
- Why’re you getting married?
- Are you getting married because everyone else is?
- Are you getting married because society and family insist you should?
- When you look at your partner do you feel you “just settled”?
- When you look at your partner do you feel fear, anxiety, sadness or joy towards who you’re about to sign your forever with?
- Do you love your partner?
- Are you in love with your partner?
- Is there anyone else that makes you feel stuff that your current partner doesn’t, if you could, right now, would you swap them with your current partner?
- Did you bother to pray about your partner or question if they’re Gods choice for you; or it really doesn’t matter?
- Do you trust your partner with your life?
- When you look at your partner, is he or she all that you’ve been waiting and praying for?
- Are you happy that you’re getting married or to you “it is what it is”?
I hope you can genuinely answer these questions. Understand the gravity of what you’re about to do so you can do it right, ONCE.