For the first time in Ukraine documents on education are introduced in a blockchain
NEM Foundation together with the Blockchain Association of Ukraine (BAU) have certified in blockchain certificates of education for the first time ever in Ukraine.
In Zaporizhia, Ukraine, NEM Foundation and BAU have applied the notarial Apostille service in NEM blockchain to entering certificates of professional retraining into the distributed ledger. It was made for veterans of counter-terrorist operation — representatives of non-governmental organization “Company of Veterans of CTO of Zaporizhia”. This project has been carried out with support and financing of Fund of the Canadian municipalities PROMIS and the Zaporizhia city council.
This initiative is designed to promote integration of combatants at Donbass into public life. It’s purpose — rehabilitation of veterans, improvement of interaction and coordination of local authorities and members of society, non-governmental organizations, small and medium-sized enterprises.
The project provides two stages duration for three months everyone during which 40 veterans (on 20 at each stage) will be trained and will receive qualification of gas and arc welders. Training takes place on the basis of “Zaporizhia Educational and Course Plant” (ZECP).
On an initiative and with assistance of NEM Foundation and BAU, representatives of ZUKK apostilled certificates on qualification assignment “electric and gas welder” to participants of the program. Now each of them can confirm the qualification thanks to NEM blockchain worldwide.
The procedure of assurance of the certificate on a blockchain (apostilization) is very simple and consists of several of several steps.
1. Representatives of educational institution have got an account in NEM blockchain with help of NanoWallet
(http://explorer.nemchina.com/#/s_account?account=NB2CRUWK2ULIV2QUTA7NPPCBW23WPPFOX7WIIY62) has been created.
2. Namespace of zukk-zp on which it is possible to identify the account (http://explorer.nemchina.com/#/namespace?ns=zukk-zp) was created.
3. All diplomas or certificates have been transferred to an electronic form through scanning and it was defined what text information will be placed in tags (in a case with ZUKK it were — a number of the certificate, date of his issue, a name and a surname of the participant of the program).
4. Each scanned certificate has been approved by the Apostille service, and the obtained contemporary records have been sent to owners of certificates.
5. Also certificates of Apostille with the indication of all important data of the certificate which are confirmation of assurance on a blockchain have been printed out.
6. All archives were loaded on the https://www.openapostille.net service and everyone has had an opportunity to check reliability and accessory of certificates.
This procedure can be used in any educational institution of any level of accreditation.
«Zaporizhia Educational and Course Plan»
Blockchain Association of Ukrain