Your Guide to switching IT provider for 2017
Investing in your IT services for the new year is a great option if you plan on expanding operations or streamlining your business. A more solid infrastructure and support network can also provide you with the resources you need to better connect with customers and create more positive customer relationships. Though a time-intensive process, switching providers at the start of the year can give your business the right direction it needs to excel. However many businesses may not want to take the risks associated with changing their IT support provider, and instead continue to accept a substandard service.
Yes, making the switch will come with its challenges. However so long as you take a few simple measures to prepare your business it can be a much less daunting and more rewarding task than you think!
Steps to finding the right IT support provider
Firstly, you will need to research new options and vet all potential providers. Although this step will take time, your IT is such a vital building block of successful operations, and the right support provider is at the core. Therefore, it’s advisable to get credible testimonials for each candidate, from their previous or current customers. These will help to get an idea of how they perform with a range of businesses whether they are a reliable company.
You’ll also need to interview each candidate to ensure that they are the right match for your company and goals. You may want to consider the following questions:
- What type of IT support do you need?
- What certifications do they have?
- Do they understand how your business works and what your aims are?
- Will they be able to communicate easily with your teams?
- How flexible are they with their packages and agreements?
- Does their price include only the relevant services you need?
A key factor to consider will be how innovative and proactive your new provider will be. They should be able to understand your systems and business and make suggestions or developments to help you progress.
However most importantly, you need to be able to build a relationship with your new IT provider. You should feel comfortable communicating with them and you’ll need to know that they will be honest with you if problems do occur. It is better to pay slightly more for a provider you trust and respect than to go for someone less reliable.
How to prepare your business for the switch
• Really nail down why you want to switch and what could work better with a new IT provider. Be clear about any problems you have with your existing provider, so that you won’t encounter the same problems with your new one.
• Work out how much support time you’ll need by evaluating how much time you’ve used, and what you’ve paid for, with your current provider. It’s wise to give your new provider a copy of your support log, so they can see what sort of problems you face on a day-to-day basis.
• A crucial step before choosing a new provider is to carefully check the conditions of your contract with your current IT company. You may need to serve a notice period before you can invest in a new supplier.
• Make a list of all your IT assets, from hardware and software, as well as all log in details and passwords. Get an updated list of everything from your current providers before you leave them, in order to make the moving process as quick and easy as possible. Remember to also provide a list of any 3rd party contacts your new provider will need.
• It’s very important to ensure that all your data is backed up safely, so that you’re protected should anything happen during the switch.
If you’re ready to make the switch for 2017, find out more about how we at Net Technical Solutions can help you create a stress-free IT environment through a forward thinking, proactive approach. Simply visit our website or give us a call on 01252 235 235 and learn how we’ll help your business excel.