2018 NEVY Awards Nominees
Today the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) revealed the nominees for its sixth annual NEVY Awards, which recognize the top innovators, investors and companies in the region. Presented this year by Bristol-Myers Squibb, NEVY Award winners will be announced at the much anticipated, Jedi-inspired awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 9 at Boston’s House of Blues.
“The NEVYs uniquely showcase the incredible innovation and startup grit we have here in New England,” said NEVCA President Jody Rose. “The region’s venture ecosystem has certainly been a growing ‘force’ nationally, and we’re excited to bring visibility to some of this year’s greatest achievements from across all our vibrant industry clusters.”
The NEVYs recognize a broad spectrum of categories, honoring both early and late-stage companies, as well as the venture capitalists who support them. Nominees were selected by the organization’s Technology and Healthcare & Life Sciences Academies, made up of some of the region’s top investors from across industries.
Healthcare & Life Sciences award categories and nominees include:
- Revolutionary New Therapeutic or Platform Startup: AVROBIO, Arrakis Therapeutics, Homology Medicines, Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc., Generation Bio
- Deal/Exit of the Year for a Therapeutic or Platform Company: IFM Therapeutics, resTORbio, Inc., Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Arvinas
- MedTech Company of the Year: Augmenix, Fractyl Laboratories, Inc., Hyalex Orthopaedics, Inc., PathAI, Vapotherm
- Healthcare IT Company of the Year: Buoy Health, Devoted Health, Eliza, Medically Home Group, OM1, Pear Therapeutics
- Inaugural Patient Impact Award: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals and Agios
Technology award categories and nominees include:
- Cybersecurity Company of the Year: Black Duck, CA Veracode, Edgewise Networks, GreatHorn, Inc., Recorded Future, Threat Stack
- Company of the Year in AI, Machine Learning and Blockchain Technology: Circle, Feature Labs, Inc., Kensho, RapidMiner, Siacoin, TellusLabs
- Consumer Company of the Year: Blink Security Camera, CarGurus, Drizly, Embark, EverQuote, Inc., M.Gemi, Lovepop
- Company of the Year in Robotics, Hardware and Transportation Technology: Casa Systems, Desktop Metal, Humatics, nuTonomy, Soft Robotics, Inc., Vesper
- SaaS/Software Company of the Year: Catalant, CloudHealth Technologies, DRIFT, Forge.AI, Inc., iSee AI, mabl, Tive, Inc.
- Company of the Year in CleanTech and Energy: CIMCON Lighting, Form Energy, Inc., Ionic Materials, Loci Controls, XL: Fleet Electrification
Fund of the Year nominees include: Accomplice, Canaan, Flybridge Capital, Oak HC/FT
Joining Bristol-Myers Squibb in supporting the sixth annual NEVY Awards are Entertainment Sponsor IDA Ireland; Academy Sponsor Cooley LLP; Gold Sponsor Alexandria Real Estate Equities; Silver Sponsors Deloitte and AbbVie; Bronze Sponsors Bose Ventures, J&J Innovation, Inc. — JJDC, Leerink, Piper Jaffray, Pfizer and Life Science Advisors; and Content Partner VentureFizz.