WEEK 3 DATA VIS
MOVIES METADATA GRAPHICS
There is no specific pattern regarding movie production, gross, and score in the last 10 years… But in 2016, less movies were made while the average movie made more money than movies did in the previous years and had a higher IBM score.
1. Vis. Análisis:
This is Data on Venezuelan internet usage and social media consuption accross diferent platforms. There is very limited information on this and many times isn't 100% trustworthy. Data, always but specially in this case, should be accompanied by other sources and research.
2. Ten data-driven stories:
- Media shut down in Venezuela in the last years… the last months.
- Blocked sites in Venezuela
- Internet service expansion- reduction in the country in the last couple of years.
- Infrastructure investment by government or private sector in the last couple of years in relation to development of technology and other factors. Could work with comparison with other countries.
- Government media control increase
- Assault to media channels, journalists and newspapers in the last year.
- Audience traffic on goverment media vs opposition media.
- Analisis on data from twitter on followings of political figures, partisian news outlets, parties themselves, jourlists, etc..
- Whatsapp/twitter usage during protest months ?
Good intro into charting for stories related to the economy, market and other math related stories. I honestly struggled a lot and with I could give a much better response.