The Power of Regret and How to Avoid It.
It’s a subject that not many people want to talk about, but is critical to think about when planning for your future.
One of the most powerful motivations is when you see the look of regret in someone’s eyes. One of the most common regrets from people on their deathbed is “I wish I let myself be happy”, or “I wish i had the courage to live a life true to myself, and not what others expected of me”. It sounds cliche, but you have to make the most out of every day.
Your future is going to be a directly reflection of the actions that you take daily. Most people think in terms of instant gratification and that’s why they end up with regret. You have to start thinking about your life 10, 15 ,20 years from now, and doing everything that you can to make sure you don’t end up living a life of regret.
These are 5 of the most powerful ways to kill all regret.
1. You have to give it your all. Stop cutting corners in your business, Don’t cut corners in any area of your life. How you do anything is how you do everything. Give your absolute best. Most people don’t give anywhere close to their full effort.
2. Make tough decisions wherever you can. Base your decisions off of intelligence rather than emotion. If you make easy decisions, life will get harder. You have to get better at making tough decisions to avoid regret. You build confidence when you make tough decisions
3. Stay away from toxic people who are okay with mediocrity and settle. It will subconsciously cause you to settle more easily. There is nothing worse that settling, the more you settle the more you regret.
4. TRAVEL. he more you travel the more you expand your awareness and perspective and the more experiences you have the more grateful you will be. Start thinking bigger picture. Don’t need material things to make you happy, just great experiences.
5. Take risks and drop the need to be liked. Get away from others expectations. Most people pass away with the regret of wishing they would have lives a life true to themselves.