Music From a Bygone Era
The task: choose three songs from your youth, and share them. Though it took a while to nail down the final three, here they are.
#1 Hey There Delilah
- This song meant a lot to me in middle school and high school. I remember listening to it on repeat on my brand new iPod shuffle, the one that didn’t even have a screen. It still is one of my favorite songs. I think that the song just sounds beautiful. It was a nice tune to listen to on my two mile walk to and from school. No matter where I was when this song came on I was humming along, but I always had to sing along to my favorite line:
A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they’ve got planes and trains and cars
I’d walk to you if I had no other way
- Click Here to learn more about the band
#2 Gives You Hell
- Coincidentally this song did come out soon after i had gotten out of a bad relationship. I remember this song not only because I like the tune, but every time I got into my dads car, it would be on the radio. It played when I was in other cars too, but literally every time i got into my dads car it came on.
- Click Here to check out the band
#3 Crazy Rap
- I really love this song. I remember the first time my older brother showed it to me. He was getting really into it, but I hardly knew what anything Afroman was talking about. I was mostly curious about the first chorus line.
Anyway, there are three songs that remind me of middle school/ early high school, I hope you enjoyed!