- Recognizing the election has made a nationalist out of me, too. But horrors continue outside of our country thanks in part to silence & inaction.
Doing really the bare minimum and signing the petition below for the UN to continue delivering aid to civilians in Syria — people are starving while the UN does its best work as a bureaucratic mess
A million civilians are being systematically starved in Syria while UN aid often sits just minutes away. Break the…breakthesieges.org
(scroll to the bottom of ^)
2. Calling a few senators back re: Dreamers bill (since I got a lot of full voicemails last week)
- John McCain — DC: (202) 224–2235 // Local:(602) 952–2410, (928) 445–0833,(520) 670–6334
- Lindsey Graham — DC: (202) 224–5972 // Local: (803) 933–0112, (864) 250–1417, (843) 669–1505, (843) 849–3887, (803) 366–2828, (864) 646–4090
- Jeff Flake — DC: 202–224–4521 // Local: 602–840–1891, 520–575–8633
Senate Minority Whip Richard Durbin, D-Illinois, left, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, are working to try…www.rollcall.com
3. Donating to relief efforts following the tragic fire in Oakland this weekend.
- Relief fund for victims of the fire — administered by Grey Area Foundation for the Arts (a 501c3). General relief fund for the victims.
- Oakland Fire Relief — Assistance and relief to the victims and families of the Oakland warehouse fire the night of Friday, December 2. The Oakland A’s and Oakland Raiders will each match up to $30,000 that fans donate for a total of $60,000.
Evan McMullin is the Utah Republican operative who ran for president as a self-described conservative independent. He…www.slate.com
The damage was substantial but fixable, but for Pat and Joe Jude, the hateful things spray-painted on their family's…www.washingtonpost.com
"There will be a tax on our soon to be strong border of 35 percent for these companies wanting to sell their product…www.nytimes.com
Turning Point: Donald J. Trump is elected the 45th president of the United States. When I took over "The Daily Show…www.nytimes.com
Last week when Donald Trump began his so-called Thank You Tour in Cincinnati, he had yet another opportunity to be…www.nytimes.com
WASHINGTON - Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, President-elect Donald J. Trump's choice for national security adviser, has a…www.nytimes.com
The long-running Republican war against the right to vote has now gone national at the instigation of President-elect…www.nytimes.com