Join the First Family on a summer trip to the great American outdoors
Watch President Obama speak at Yosemite National Park:
In celebration of the upcoming 100th anniversary of our National Parks, the First Family will spend this weekend traversing New Mexico’s Carlsbad Caverns and Yosemite National Park. Here’s how you can join in on the adventure:
- Follow along right here! We’ll be updating you here all weekend with photos and videos of the family’s adventure.
- Get to know President Obama’s historic conservation record. He has protected more than 265 million acres of America’s public lands and waters — more than any other president in history.
- Plan your visit: Find your nearest adventure at findyourpark.com
- Get to know America’s public lands with this handy guide. From California’s epic King Range Conservation Area all the way to Washington D.C.’s Thomas Jefferson Memorial, this is your one-stop-shop for what you need to know before your next adventure.
- Spread the word: Share photos of your favorite park using the hashtag#FindYourPark!
5:00 PM: A collection of rock-climbers — from some of the world’s greatest to just plain enthusiasts — take over the White House Instagram to share why their passionate about America’s public lands. Follow us to see their stories!
6:36 PM: National Geographic shares a stunning 360 photo from the trip, in preparation for creating the White House’s first 360 virtual reality video experience — which will capture the First Family’s trip to Yosemite.
Rangers Jessica and Alejandra greet President ...
Rangers Jessica and Alejandra greet President Obama at Lower Yosemite Falls after leading an Every Kid in a Park…
My Visit to Alaska: Touching Down in Anchorage
Today I touched down in Alaska for a three-day tour — a trip I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. Not only…
Behind The Lens: Photographing Alaska (For Real This Time)
by Pete Souza, Chief Official White House Photographer
The Next 100 Years of American Conservation
On April 19, Interior Secretary Jewell discussed the need for a course correction in the way America conserves our…