Volunteer at the Alamo!
By: Deja Jackson, Alamo Volunteer Program Coordinator
Are you a people person? Do you have a passion for History? THE ALAMO WANTS YOU!
We are looking for dedicated individuals to help us provide a meaningful, personal experience for our visitors. Volunteer Docents and Living Historians play a pivotal role in the Alamo’s mission: to share the vibrant 300 year history of the site at the very place where it happened — the Alamo Church and surrounding grounds.
We ask that our volunteer commit to at least 12 hours a month when able.
Some benefits of volunteering include:
· Academic or community credit
· Invitations to employee events and exhibit openings
· Volunteer recognition events and awards
· Develop personal and professional skills
· Opportunity to interact with people from all over the world
· Engaging the community
If you are interested in volunteering with us and would like more information on how you can be a part of the Alamo team, please contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator at (210) 225–1391 ext 179 or firstname.lastname@example.org