Entertaining? Try this Vegan Lasagna!
Super delicious — for vegan and non-vegans alike!
The first of what is to become an olive oil trail of delicious recipes!
Our friend and fellow factory tour guide at Olea Essence, shares one of her favorite lasagna recipes — and being vegan, that’s exactly what makes this delicacy so unique!
Whether you are vegan or not this is a MUST try. It’s sooo delicious! Whatever we didn’t finish gobbling up after making our video (which was half the dish!) we brought to our Visitor Center and our staff polished off the rest in one fell swoop!
Enough with the chit-chat, let’s get to what you’ll need to make this incredible dish!
Dishes: You’ll need a nice deep pan with a lid — like the one seen in the video — and a lasagna dish for baking it in the oven.
1. Cover the bottom of the pan with 4–5 tbsps. EVOO and set the temperature to medium heat.
2. Toss in the diced onion & garlic and cook until softened.
3. Add the zucchini and lower the temperature to a lower heat setting, cover until the steam reduces it to half its original height in the pan.
4. Incorporate the rest of the ingredients according to their written order and allow a couple minutes between each addition.
5. After adding the coconut cream, ensure that the veggies are fully cooked before moving on to the next step.
6. When you get to the bread crumbs, keep adding until you reach the desired thickness. It shouldn’t be too watery.
7. Use approximately 3 tbsps. EVOO to coat the bottom and sides of your lasagna dish and then add your first layer of lasagna noodles.
8. Cover the lasagna noodles with a layer of filling and repeat until you finish up your filling. Be sure that your last layer is filling and not the lasagna noodles.
9. Cover with tin foil and bake at 160C or 320F for about 30min. then insert a toothpick to make sure that it slides easily through all layers and you’re ready to serve!!
Enjoy this great recipe with family and friends!
With ❤, Our Team at Olea Essence