Starting a routine
A key to success
I firmly believe that routines help you win. When I think of the time I’ve been most successful, most focused, and most happy, it’s been when I have been following routines.
Today I started re-started my daily routines. DARREN HARDY inspired me to have a morning and night routine. The reason for that is because those are the only two times when we, you and I, are in FULL CONTROL of our time. So when I wake up I am doing the following.
- Make my bed.
- Stretching. I do this for about one to five minutes.
- Drink a cup of water
- Do a small lifting workout in the morning. 30 min max.
- Ice Cold Shower.
- I have breakfast, eggs and avocado, or Protein Shake.
- Spend 10 min in meditation. I am doing this standing, eyes closed, and chest puffed out. One minute breathing and focusing. Three minutes of gratitude, Three minutes of my daily purpose, Three minutes of end game goals.
- Jam Session. This one is tough and varies because my work schedule is going to be pretty chaotic the next few months. But A jam session, again from Darren Hardy, is an hour to an hour and a half of FOCUSED work, work on my number one priority for the day. Attack it as best as I can.
- Tell myself that “I’m Awesome”
Night Time Routine:
- Prepare my apparel for the next day. Including Gym
- I check my google Calendar to see what meetings I have.
- Make my top three priority list. things I will focus on.
- Journal. (for now this is my journal)
- Drink a cup of water.
- Think of everything I need to be thankful for as I lay in bed.
- Set a timer for 6.5 hours. I’ve started adopting a timer vs setting an alarm, because it changes my way of thinking. I view sleep as a task that has an end. So I allow myself to sleep a certain amount of time and no more. Or so that’s my daily goal.
The day is always different but I try to really do two things.
- Smile as often as I can.
- Be Present. (daily three goals)
I hope this helps you in some way. I know that if I keep doing these routines day in and day out, I will ultimately win by default.