Adding admins/co-hosts/co-organizers to Groups and Events
1 admin, 2 admin, 3 admin, 4! You don’t have to do it alone anymore🙌
Admin Roles: Different Permissions
The chart below details the specific group-level and event-level permissions for each different admin role. Continue to read below, to learn how to set this up on the Web and on the App.
- Group Admins have control over the entire group and can edit anything about the group and the events within the group. The group admin is the person who created the group, and is the only person who can assign others as group admins, event admins and event managers.
- Event Admins can do most things at the event level such as create, edit, repeat, and delete events, view and delete event attendees, check players in, issue refunds for events, and add other event admins and managers to events. However, they cannot change group level settings (i.e., waivers, access codes, memberships, announcements, discounts, group details, assign group admins).
- Event Managers can do most things at the event level such as create, edit, repeat, and delete events, view and delete event attendees, and check players in, but cannot issue refunds or make changes to the group itself.
- Group Admins, Event Admins, and Event Managers have access to event chats for all the events within the group.
More about Administrative Roles
Game Leaders…Co-Organizers…Co-Administrators…Site Managers…Event Hosts… Super Admins…No matter what you call the trusted members of your group who help you run your sports/fitness groups and events, OpenSports allows you to assign or remove administrator roles with different permissions.
Instead of having one single admin for your entire group, there are now 3 tiers of roles that can be assigned: Group Admins, Event Admins, and Event Managers.
The Group Admin has access to all administrative features. By default, the person who creates the group is assigned the Group Admin role. Only Group Admins can assign administrator roles. To reduce the risk to your group, we recommend that you assign this role to only a few people in your group!
How to assign these roles to members in your group:
On the Web
- Go to your Group > Settings > Admin Roles
- You’ll see the three different admin roles: Group Admin, Event Admin, and Event Manager
- Click “Add User” and type in the name of the Group member who you want to assign that role to. Click Add and you’ll see a check mark next to their name!
On the App
Go to your Group > Click on the Members tab > Find the name of the member who you would like to assign an admin role to, and swipe their name from left to right > Select which admin role you would like them to have > Click update!
Assign Admins for Events Only
If you only want to assign Event Managers/Event Admins to specific games
On the App
Go to your Event > Click on the Admin Roles button > Find the name of the member who you would like to assign an admin role to, and tap on their name > Select which admin role you would like them to have > Click Update!
Once you have created your game, on the game details page, click on “Admin Roles” > Click Add User next to Event Manager or Event Admin > Select which group member you want to fill that role!