Vision & Communication with President Bill Clinton
Lessons in leadership from the Presidential Leadership Scholars program: Session 3
This month, the 2018 Class of Presidential Leadership Scholars met for the third time at the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Arkansas.
There, Scholars received unique insights from former administration officials on what it meant to work for President Bill Clinton, and how his gift for communicating, and the core values of opportunity, responsibility, and community, made him an effective leader.
In addition to President Bill Clinton, Scholars were joined by:
- Stephanie Streett, executive director of the Clinton Foundation, and former director of scheduling in the Clinton administration;
- Rahm Emanuel, 55th mayor of the City of Chicago, former chief of staff to President Obama, and former senior advisor to President Bill Clinton for policy and strategy;
- Kris Engskov, executive vice president of Starbucks, and former personal aide to President Bill Clinton;
- Dr. Mike Hemphill, director of Presidential Leadership Scholars and director for academic programming at the Clinton Foundation;
- Alexis Herman, chair and CEO of New Ventures LLC, and former secretary of labor in the Clinton administration;
- Mack McLarty, chairman of McLarty Associates, and former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton; and more.
Here’s what people are saying about Session 3:
The 2018 Class of Presidential Leadership Scholars will continue their visits to each of the four partnering presidential centers with unprecedented access to former presidents, officials from their administrations, and the unique resources of the libraries to enhance their own leadership abilities in order to make a positive difference in the world. Look out for our next update from the Bush Center in Dallas, Texas!