Employee Spotlight: Leon Le — An Interview with Pacificwide’s C.E.O
Leon Le is an intelligent and ambitious individual. He has a strong work ethic and a constant desire to keep learning and to become better. We had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with the C.E.O. himself and learn more about him as well as his company and its values.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background/history.
My name is Leon Le. I am a co-founder and the current C.E.O at Pacificwide Business Group in San Jose, CA.
I was formerly an engineer who worked in the high tech industry for 12 years, but I quit in 2008 to open my own real estate company.
Pacificwide officially opened in 2009. I had tons of experience in engineering, but business was brand new to me.
2. You studied at UC Davis and graduated with a degree in computer engineering, which is very different from what you are doing now. What made you decide to change your plans and to start your own real estate company?
While I was in college, I had already taken a few real estate classes. I even got my broker’s license in 2003 during my time as an engineer.
When I was working as an engineer, I really wanted to explore new opportunities and new career paths. I realized that I had a huge passion for real estate.
During my first year working for a real estate company, the economy was in a recession, and I noticed that everyone around me was struggling. Real estate agents were struggling to make a living, and homeowners were losing their homes.
I saw how important the real estate industry was. I opened Pacificwide because I wanted to help those around me who were going through a difficult time, and I wanted to make a difference.
3. What advice do you have for young adults who still don’t know what they want to pursue professionally?
Don’t worry about the money.
Choose a job that you feel passionate about- a job where you feel a sense of purpose and where you feel like you can make a difference.
When you love your job and like what you are doing, the money will follow.
4. What’s the biggest challenge that you face working in the real estate industry?
I work with many different people with many different backgrounds and education levels.
All of their situations are different, and I have to remember that they are all unique-that they are all individuals with their own particular needs.
The biggest challenge that I face is helping each person understand their purpose and helping them to see the value in the work that they are doing.
5. Starting a company on your own is scary-there are a lot of potential downfalls and risks. What inspired you to take the leap of faith?
I believed in my own purpose and my ability to make a difference.
Every job has potential challenges and difficulties. But if you love what you are doing and believe in what you are doing, you will find a way to overcome any obstacles.
6. What advice do you have for aspiring entrepreneurs?
Keep learning! Learning is the key to success.
Find your passions! Love what you do and find happiness in what you are doing.
Define your goals and work towards them! Remind yourself that your actions today must align with your goals for the future.
7. What visions do you have for the future of Pacificwide? Where would you like the company to be in 10 years?
I would say Pacificwide is doing great so far! We are serving people and helping people.
In the future, I would like to see Pacificwide grow into a technology-based real estate company.
In addition, I would like for Pacificwide to continue growing and to continue developing its unique culture. In our company, everyone matters and everyone is cared about, and I would like to see that continue.