Year of the Horse | Chinese Zodiac: Horse | 2019 Fortune
Year of the Horse
There are twelve Chinese horoscope signs. The horse is the seventh of the twelve animals in the Chinese zodiac animal circle. There is one horse year in every 12 years. 2014 was the last horse year, and 2026 will be the next. According to the lunar calendar, people born in (…) 1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026, 2038 (…) share the same sign — horse. It is said that people who were born in the year of the horse have special characters and spirits because the dragon sometimes disguises itself as a horse. According to the theory of the Chinese five elements, the characters of the horse can be divided into 5 types.
The Personality of Horse People
From the perspective of Chinese five elements, those who were born in the year of the horse can be divided into five types.
- Those who were born in the year of the wood horse are clear minded and brave. If one is guided by a good teacher, they could be a leader of the nation.
- Those who were born in the year of the fire horse always treat friends with honesty and straightforwardness. It’s a pity that most of them are late bloomers.
- Those who were born in the year of the earth horse are very active and stubborn. It’s too difficult for them to get favors from others. If they can reshape their personality and hide their bad temper, they will get great achievements in their career.
- Those who were born in the year of the metal horse often have too many worries and desires in their own life. If they can limit their disadvantages, they will succeed in their middle age.
- Those who were born in the year of the water horse are endowed with extraordinary wisdom and talents. With other people’s support and trust, they can get great success.
Love Compatibility of Horse People
The perfect match:
The horse and the goat are a perfect combination. They can live harmoniously and bring good fortune for their family.
The acceptable match:
The match of the horse and the dog is an acceptable match. In terms of family and business, the wife manages family affairs while the husband runs the business. On the foundation of their cooperation, they can live a good life.
The powerful match:
If the horse marries the tiger, both of them will have a bright future. They both have a great ambition for their career and the determination to strive for it.
The bad matches:
The horse shouldn’t marry with the rat, the cattle and the horse. They won’t have a happy marriage due to different mind patterns, habits, and living styles.
Origin of the Zodiac Sign Horse
In ancient China, the horse had wings. So the horse was called Divine Stallion (天马 [tiān mǎ]). As a powerful animal, tiān mǎ can run on the land, swim in the sea, fly in the sky. Then the horse was promoted to the guard to stand in front of the emperor’s office. One day, he killed an important governor of the East Sea in China. Then the emperor sent it to earth as a punishment.
The horse worked very hard to alleviate his crime. In peaceful time, the horse pulled the farming machine and transported goods without any complaints. In wartime, the horse in armor became soldier’s good partner. Since then, the horse and humans had been close friends. When the emperor initiated to select 12 zodiac animals to mark different years, humans suggested that the horse should be one of the 12 animals. At that time, the horse became the zodiac animal, marking one special year in every 12 years.
Chinese Character “马”
Horse, whose pinyin form is mǎ, should be written like such:
View more contents in Pandarow.