No, not that Paper Street…
… this one.
Paperstreet is quickly becoming the go-to platform for fundraising in the cryptocurrency and gaming industries. Not only has Paperstreet integrated all the tools a business needs to execute a compliant token sale, equity placement, or security token offering, but we connect issuers with a vast network of qualified investors through our online platform. This way, issuers can spend more time building a great business and less time worrying about regulatory compliance and wooing investors.
Warning: If you’re an issuer or an investor, you’re going to hear the word compliance a lot… start getting used to it.
Compliance isn’t sexy, but it’s better than the alternative.
We believe that the SEC has made their stance on the matter abundantly clear. It has recently been reported that “dozens of companies have quietly agreed to refund investor money and pay a fine” after issuing tokens.
These issues can easily be avoided using the Paperstreet platform. With help from our legal counsels, O’Melveny and Barnes Legal, we’ve carefully crafted a process for executing a sale that is above reproach. Compliance isn’t sexy, but its better than the alternative.
One KYC/AML and accreditation to rule them all.
Gone are the days of pooling your funds with a dozen other investors and trusting one person to sign a SAFT on behalf of everyone. Not only was trusting an internet persona on Telegram risky AF, but the legal risk shouldered by the person signing and taking custody of everyone else’s funds was just not worth it.
To be compliant, every investor must be “known” by the issuer. Additionally, they must be checked individually against watch lists for terrorists, money launderers, and bad actors. Many offerings also require that the investor be accredited (having a net worth of at least $1 million or an income of at least $200,000 for two consecutive years).
This is an expensive and time consuming process that becomes a bottleneck for many raises. When a Paperstreet investor passes KYC/AML and accredited investor verification, it applies to every investment opportunity on the platform. Why reinvent the wheel if you don’t have to?
What services does Paperstreet provide?
All included, the Paperstreet platform provides its clients with the following services:
- Exposure to a growing pool of qualified US and international investors on the Paperstreet platform
- Support for every stage of your raise (private sale, presale, airdrop, crowdsale, etc.)
- A client-branded, white-labeled token sale experience that clients can embed on their site and walks investors through the the steps to invest
- Non-custodial payments processing for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and fiat (other cryptocurrencies coming)
- Built-in KYC/AML and OFAC checks (<5 minutes)
- Built-in accredited investor verification (<2 days)
- Built-in investor e-signing of documents (ie, SAFT, SAFE, equity subscription agreement)
- Whitelisting prior to launch of a sale
- Limited marketing in accordance with regulations surrounding marketing and advertising of private placements
- API endpoints for querying sale information and relevant investor data
What types of sales or placements does Paperstreet support?
We designed Paperstreet to compliantly facilitate any sale, including but not limited to:
- Token private sales
- Public crowdsales
- Equity private placements
- Debt/bond offerings
- Free airdrops
- Security token offerings (STOs)
Our clients have the freedom to choose which regulation to file under, because Paperstreet has the experience and expertise to comply with each of the following:
- Regulation CF — This is a crowd-funded sale of
- Rule 506 of Regulation D — This is the private portion of a sale which typically requires accredited investors and a $50,000 minimum investment.
- Rule 506(c) of Regulation D — This is the public portion of the sale which requires accredited investors and allows for general solicitation (marketing of the ICO)
- Regulation S — This is the international portion of the sale. It can be run in parallel to the Regulation D and allows for protection for overseas investors. It typically looks like a one-click self accreditation clause based on the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides.
- Regulation A+ — This is called the “mini-IPO” and allows for crowdfunding from the general public without the necessary investor accreditation checks. The Regulation A+ sale requires a review by the SEC prior to launching.
Invest in private and public token sales and ICOs through our fully compliant enterprise grade platform handling…
This is amazing! How do I find out more?!!!
This is just the beginning. The Paperstreet team is working hard every day to provide more services for issuers and investors.
For issuers: We’d LOVE to help. Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact within 48 hours! Also, please don’t hesitate to contact us on Telegram: Matt deCourcelle, CEO| Dave Younts, CCO
For investors: Learn more about Paperstreet and start your own account at paperstreet.vc. Follow Paperstreet on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Join the Paperstreet community on Telegram to be the first to hear about news and announcements.