Paratii Review #10 🎉 — TCR, TCP, SEC and other three-letter acronyms
Curated thoughts on cryptoland, news about “Around the Block”, and development updates on Paratii.
🎉 Hurray — this is our 10th issue! In an almost-steady monthly pace, we reached over 2.5k subscribers, who’ve opened our ❤-crafted digital letters more than 10.000 times. From the next issue onwards, we’re making these update-shots shorter (1/2 the length) and more frequent (2x / month). Hope you still enjoy the brain dump 💥
6 Handpicked Thoughts
- 🔬 The Cryptokitty Genome Project could soon become a reality. Here’s JonJon Clark’s attempt at decoding how to get the prettiest kitten.
- 🍼 Security Tokens are maturing. There’s even talks of the SEC *mandating* the tokenisation of securities, not too far off in time. In case you haven’t yet, check out Stephen McKeon’s Security Token Thesis.
- 📜 Fat Protocols Aren’t New. This history lesson on p2p file sharing points to differences in the evolution of protocols and their applications, spawning useful insights for those tackling similar problems on the blockchain.
- 📚 TCRs have now 6 documented design patterns, and new experiments are proposed almost every day. Read our take on the Token Curated Playlist here, and further explorations on fitness, UX and use cases here.
- 🇦🇷 ETH Buenos Aires was a roaring success, by all accounts! Our Venezuelan neighbours won the hackathon, & locations for the next events were announced: Singapore, Bangalore, Berlin, SF, all in the following months.
Original Content & Community
Fernando is one of the leading thinkers of the industry in Brazil. The ecosystem is mapped and some of the most interesting ChainTechs in the country are listed in this article.
If you’ve seen our events calendar, you could tell May was going to be busy. From São Paulo to Ljubljana to New York, we’ve been to hackathons, workshops & conferences on video/p2p development and the emerging token economy. Being on stage with an anonymous YouTuber wearing an old man mask was probably the weirdest bit of it all (join our Telegram today for more of this kind of fun).
Development status & Team updates
- 📖 The Paratii.JS Developer Preview: in the country’s biggest developer event, we released the first version of a library for video-powered dApps. It’s currently being used on IPFS + a permissioned Ethereum testnet. Check out its GitHub repo; download the package via npm; read through the documentation; skim over some simple ideas for hacks or watch a brief walkthrough (on Paratii!).
- 🔧 Pushed to production a distributed email verification scheme, implemented basic search functionality and content “ownership” attribution & display features in the Paratii portal. It is being privately tested on its way to a public alpha, which will come with a new introductory page and a grassroots campaign to bring creators into the future of video.
- 📜 We’ve created a JS interface that might be useful for other developers struggling to handle Solidity errors and willing to abstract away some crypto aspects of the process when dealing with TCR contracts from a browser. If it ever turns out to be useful for you, let us know — there’s a lot of further improvement and documentation we can do.
- 💌 Stay tuned for updates! Also, please tell friends who you think would be interested to subscribe to this newsletter :)
Feel free to send us any complaints about bad jokes, beta tester indications or technical feedback by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.