Paratii Review #11 — 💰 Tipping; My Videos; The Bitcoin Podcast
Development updates on the Paratii project, new features and content we’ve put out in the last month.
If you’re reading this because you’re a content creator, please take a bit of time to answer community member Rye’s survey. It shouldn’t take longer than two minutes.
🔨 Development updates
- A first iteration of the Paratii curated registry is live on a private testnet. Its underlying protocol is being worked on, and a web-based interface for reading and interacting with it is upcoming.
- We’ve implemented a tipping monetisation feature for listed videos. Users who sign up on the Paratii portal alpha app will get 25 “test PTI”, that can be used to either upload videos or tip content creators.
- The same app now has a My Videos tab where users can see all of their own videos, their settings and statuses (#701).
⛵ Content and media
The Bitcoin Podcast: Felipe Sant Ana
Listen to our cofounder talk about Paratii as a decentralised alternative to Content ID and other proprietary, closed data curation systems.
A quest for sustainable content creation: from transactional, to ads, to subscriptions, to tokens.
In token-based voting systems, a user can split his tokens over the alternatives and get guaranteed rewards without doing any useful work. Enabling vote delegation is a straightforward approach to solve the issue.
The Paratii protocol relies on a native utility token ($PTI) that grants access to agents willing to provide value to the network and compete in earning its rewards. Read all about it here.
Token Curated Registries are a crypto-economic construct for distributed curation. Some have predicted there’ll be a 1000 live TCRs this year. Others believe they’re overhyped.
🐛 Bug Fixes, improvements, small details
- Implemented a translation system for web interfaces and notifications (#755).
- Refactored contracts to conform to Solidity style guidelines (#59).
- Defined schema and hooked up our indexer to read relevant data from the TCR contract on-chain (#174).
- New header on the portal web app (#730)
- Nice recognition for Yahya on the js-ipfs repo, as well as ongoing collaboration with lower-layer teams
Paratii in numbers
Github (this month)
✅ 18 pull requests merged
⚡ 261 commits
🛠 4,992 lines of code added
🔥 1,966 lines of code deleted
Community (so far)
💬 592 community members on Telegram
🐦 1,333 Twitter followers
💌 2,350 newsletter subscribers (hey, that’s you!)
🚀 What’s next
- On July 19th we’ll be attending Distributed 2018, an important gathering for the global blockchain community. Felipe, Paratii’s project lead, will participate on a panel about Token Curated Registries and Curation Markets, along with folks from Po.Et, MetaX and DIRT.
- For the next couple of weeks, we’ll be focusing on our curation market implementation. After some re-parametrisation upon the canonical TCR design comes the tough work of integrating a prediction market into the game.
We hope you enjoyed this update! If you’d like to get instant updates, please join us on Telegram :)