What’s this all about?
Well hello Medium,
I’ve been pondering about starting to write about the journey i am on of starting a business and developing and creating myself.
The past two years have been a jouney of self development. I’ve been an avid listener of The Tim Ferriss Podcast, which led me to The Waking up podcast with Sam Harris, and other podcasts here and there. These past two years i’ve also been reading alot. Some of my favourite books that i’ve read are:
- Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand.
- The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Animal Farm, George Orwell
- 1984, George Orwell
- All of Roald Dhal’s books.
- The Innovator’s Dilemma, Clayton M. Christensen
- The 4-Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss
- Tools of Titans, Tim Ferriss
- The Autobiography of Ben Franklin, Benjamin Franklin
- The Magic of Thinking Big, David Schwartz
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing, Al Reis and Jack Trout
- Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert T. Kyosaki
- Outliers, Malcom Gladwell
- Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill
- Letters from a Stoic, Seneca
- Meditations, Marcus Aurelius
- The Virtue of Selfishness, Ayn Rand
- Be Here Now, Ram Dass
- Zen Mind Beginner’s Mind, Suzuki
That’s a pretty big list of my favourite books. They really were some of my favorites and i advise people to read them, as they have developed me and opened my mind in may ways.
In the past two years, in this self-development journey i have also gone i have also gone to India and Nepal
I started meditating and journaling at the begining of these two years and my curiosity to go to India and learn more about eastern culture sparked from there.
I went to India and Nepal for 2 months, 69 days to be exact.
I stayed in a Meditation Ashram for 30 days. Where i meditated ~8h per day. It was an incredible experience. One which i hope to repeat. I learnt so much about myself and the world. Never had I gone to Asia and never had i spent so much time in deep meditation. It was one of the best experiences of my life.
I also visited Rishikesh (where the beatles went and where yoga started), and also went to do the Poon Hill Trek in Nepal. It was great. I loved it.
I’m starting a business at the moment, and i want this to be a place of reflection and of my experiences, not only of starting a business, but also a refelction of my experiences on day to day life.
Reflections of my thoughts about society, people, ideas, emotions, everything.
So now you know a little about me. Tell me a little about you.
I’m looking forward to this.