10 Rules for an Exceptional Life
I’m life coach and communication specialist Peter Winslow. After many years of coaching my people for excellence, I have discovered what I believe are the ten essential principles that can make a stupendous difference to you and to the quality of your life. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Live simply and deliberately. By choosing not to get caught up in the minor details of the work-a-day, over-indulged world, you can slow down and become even more effective. It may sound counterintuitive, but by doing so you will discover that you have more time to enjoy the pleasures of life.
2. Stay in touch with yourself. Soul searching, meditation, and journaling are just a few of the many ways you can remain aware and learn as much as you can about your emotions, reactions, likes, dislikes, dreams, and fears. You’ll create a solid sense of self which provides a firm foundation for thriving in this world.
3. Teach and support others as often as you can. This can help you to support others and form meaningful connections with them while also giving you an opportunity to make your world a better place in which to live.
4. Choose what you allow into your consciousness. The media bombards us with visions of the worst of humankind: hatred, war, prejudice, judgment, gossip, misery, and pain. Be fully aware and judicious about what you choose to read, watch, and pay attention to.
5. Acknowledge the beauty that surrounds you. Whether you live in a dense metropolis, a sprawling suburb or a rural outback, there are many natural and man-made wonders there just waiting to be recognized.
Do these principles resonate with you? Maybe this is just what you need to make the leap into your best life. We’ll discuss the remaining five Rules for an Exceptional Life in the next installment.