The Ups and Downs : Assassin’s Creed Syndicate [Quick Review]
Okay so this is a quick review and my immediate thoughts of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Now you might be thinking “ Why so Late?”, “why are you even doing this quick review”. Well that’s because I just finished my play-through . Why so late ? Mainly because I boycotted the game at release . I did so because of the treatment , lackluster story and overall quality of Assassin’s Creed Unity (Yes I did play it on PC , RIP ). Unity displayed a lot of awesome features, the graphics still stand out as the best in the series , same can be said about the climbing mechanics. The story in Unity was very well written and progressed the major narrative arc of the franchise with the future / first civilization storyline ( be it only by a little bit). Nonetheless, it’s common knowledge at this point that the inner politics of Ubisoft prevented it from reaching its full potential.
Now before I do this quick review I have to mention that I’m a major Assassin’s Creed Fan (Have been ever since the original AC in 2007) .I love the historical settings that the games take place in , I love the over arching future ‘wacky’ Sci-Fi story and I love the open worlds that Ubisoft create. It’s safe to say I have a personal investment with this franchise. Now that is out of the way , let’s find out the Ups and Downs of Assassins Creed Syndicate.
- The open world is ALIVE (Finally)
- A none claustrophobic, clear and 3D map
- Evie and Jacob as Characters , their stories & switching between the two.
- Combat is immersive
- Fantastic side quests with historical characters
- The Zip-line
- Great performance and well optimized for PC (YES)
- They finally continued the future story showing us that this franchise is moving forward! ( Huzzah)
- WW1 / Juno side story , showing us that this franchise is moving forward! ( Huzzah )
- Soundtrack is a return to form
- Repetitive side quests
- Not enough Sequences
- The horse and carriages are sometimes too ridiculous and take your out of the world
- A.I is still meh
- The villains and main boss are not memorable and Cliché
- A (Really) Forced love story .
- Quests sometimes don’t continue causing you to reload .
- Jacob/ Evie ending anti climatic
Okay so in review , Assassin’s Creed Syndicate receives 10 Ups and 8 downs. Giving Assassin’s Creed Syndicate The Up Seal of Approval.
That was my little brief review of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, The main point of this review was to just quickly vent my views on ACS , and honestly I really enjoyed my time with ACS its definitely a return to form for the franchise and is evidence that they are progressing the future aspect of the story, maybe to align with the release of the movie which I will most likely review.
Okay so that was it . Expect another gaming review out possibly tomorrow, this time I will be tackling Tumblr’s official baby Jesus ‘UNDERTALE’ .
See you then 😁👍
Originally published at theupsanddowns.tumblr.com.