TPG | Minting Guide [Gen 0]

Ayeeee… The Pirate Game’s Gen 0 characters are just around the corner. In this short post, we go over the important facts of our minting event and explain to you how minting will work.

Minting

Minting dates

The minting of Gen 0 starts on December 23 at 21:00 UTC

Minting amounts

The Gen 0 minting event features a total of 10,000 game characters. The minting kicks off with a 90% chance of minting Galleons and 10% to get Pirates. As the minting progresses, the odds of getting a Pirate get lower. The next generations will add an additional 40,000 characters.

Can I pick the characters I get?

No, all characters are assigned through an on-chain randomizer. This ensures that the game is fair for everyone to play and not those that can afford expensive characters.

How many mints can a single wallet execute?

  • Whitelisted wallet addresses can mint up to 5 characters, as decided by the community.
  • Non-whitelisted wallet addresses can mint an unlimited number of characters.

What is the price for 1 mint?

  • For whitelisted wallet addresses, the price is fixed at 0.06 ETH.
  • For non-whitelisted wallet addresses, the price is dynamic and set by a Dutch Auction with a starting price of 0.3266 ETH. The price decreases by 0.01 ETH every 30 min until hitting the reserve price of 0.0666 ETH.

What currency should I pay with?

The Gen 0 minting event uses $ETH as the base currency. All subsequent minting events will run on $CACAO — the in-game asset of The Pirate Game.

Is there a time limitation for Whitelist purchases?

Yes, whitelisted addresses have access to their special conditions for a total of 12 hours.

What happens once the Whitelist ends?

All wallet addresses flagged as Whitelisted enter the standard regime after 12 hours, being able to purchase more assets (if still available) at the reserve price.

How do I know my wallet is whitelisted?

If you got a Whitelist status on Discord, you’ve been included in the Whitelist. The same case applies to those that got any type of reaction or message to their DMs via Twitter.

We will be closing and releasing the full list of whitelisted addresses on December 23 at 14:00 UTC in our official Discord channel. You can use that opportunity to verify your status. In case of any discrepancies, you can contact the admins on Discord or Twitter.

What wallets do you currently support?

For the time being, we support three (3) blockchain wallets: MetaMask, WalletConnect, and Coinbase Wallet. If you still don’t have one of these wallets, you can easily sign up on any of these services now to save time. It will only take a few minutes.

How much is the Gas?

Gas refers to the fee required to conduct a transaction on Ethereum successfully. The Gas is dynamic and depends on the network load. However, the system will display the Gas for the transaction before you can execute it.

Also, our talented team of Pirate devs has done a great job at optimizing our Smart Contract to offer the lowest possible Gas fees. The table below exemplifies this optimization, which can reach up to 50% depending on the number of characters minting.

Minting steps

1. Head to our official website: pirategame.io

Make sure to always double-check that you’re in the right domain. If you’re in doubt, head to our Twitter or Discord accounts and click on the links available. Never access links provided by other community members via private messages or other communication methods.

2. Connect your wallet

It’s time to connect to any of the three available services. In our case, MetaMask, WalletConnect, and Coinbase Wallet. Pick the most convenient service for you. If you’re not signed in, you might be required to enter your credentials. Once logged into your wallet, you’ll be automatically redirected to The Pirate Game.

3. Mint your characters

Whether you’re Whitelisted or not, you can proceed by simply selecting a number of characters to mint. The system will automatically pick the price corresponding to your status.

3.1 Mint & stake your characters

This is an option that allows you to mint assets as described above, and automatically “put them to work” (transport cargo / go for the loot). In other words, you mint them and ensure that they start generating $CACAO from minute one. Mint & Stake can also save you Gas.

4. Confirm the transaction

Based on our commit-reveal minting model, transactions have to be confirmed twice. You have one hour after the transaction to submit the confirmation. To do so, simply press “Reveal”. Keep in mind that failing to complete the last confirmation will result in the loss of the NFT and funds.

***

Website: https://pirategame.io/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PirateGameio

Discord: https://discord.com/invite/ANvtGgwq

--

--

--

Love podcasts or audiobooks? Learn on the go with our new app.

Recommended from Medium

Due to the high traffic that is currently happening across all major blockchains, we have decided…

The Hippocratic Oath — 5 Principles as a Framework for the Blockchain Evolution of Healthcare

The Great Renewal: It’s Time to Renew Your .ETH Names — Or Else Lose Them

RedGrid: Building the Internet of Energy Platform

5 Takeaways on Ethereum 2.0 From Vitalik’s ‘Beast Mode’ Blog Posts.

Does our Evolution revolve around Blockchain?

Silicon Valley Day 1

Junto: A New Breed of Social Media Powered by Holochain

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
The Pirate Game

The Pirate Game

More from Medium

1 week to go — Quoth’s IDO coming up on January 26th, 2022!

The metaverse, NFTs and play-to-earn crypto gaming megatrend: putting the jigsaw pieces together

Heros of Mavia: the gaming high flyer brought into blockchain P2E metaverse

FireZard x FibSwap — Trading Competition