Now Accepting Submissions
Attention writers, artists, and photographers: Politics & Prose is now accepting submissions for District Lines, Volume IV
We are now accepting submissions — poems, essays, short stories, coherent musings and ramblings, scribbles, comics, photographs, or graphics — that capture a sense of people or place in D.C. and the surrounding metropolitan neighborhoods. Work must be original and previously unpublished. Prose (fiction and non-fiction) should be under 3,000 words.
Graphics must be submitted as a PDF file that can be reproduced in black and white. All images must be submitted with a title. Images must be 300 dpi. The maximum width is 5” and the maximum height is 8” (1500 by 2400 pixels) — if you have any questions about these specifications, please email email@example.com in advance of the deadline so that we can help you submit works that fulfill these requirements.
The deadline for submissions is August 22 at noon. We plan to hold an event at the store once the anthology is published.
- Entries must be submitted in a word document, double-spaced, using Times New Roman 12-point font
- Prose (fiction and non-fiction) should be under 3,000 words
- Include your name on the cover page only
- For graphics or art please submit work in a clearly titled PDF file that meets the technical requirements listed above
- Only one prose entry, or three poems per person, will be considered
- Please put all of your submissions in a single word document
- Do not use any headers or footers
- Include a two to three sentence bio
Please note we are unable to consider submissions that do not meet the above formatting requirements.
Please email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org