All time favourite – Gluten-Free Cookie with the flavour of Coconut & Chocolate
I know everyone is probably sick of cookies and cookie recipes, but NOT me! The holidays or weekends did not burn me out. Cookies hold a special place in my heart. They just make me feel happy and satisfy, and my tummy happy too!
We had some family friends over weekends to get together, so of course I had to bake a treat! I was in the mood for healthy cookies where I chooses gluten free oatmeal cookies and they are Parth’s favorite too (my two year old son). I wanted something a little different though. This time I added coconut and chocolate chips! A divine combo indeed! We especially loved these with a glass of milk. These are the perfect cookie recipe I ever had.
Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened (100 gms)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted walnuts or almond (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (can use dry packed coconut powder)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips. walnuts and coconut until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven for a chewy cookie or 14 minutes for a firmer cookie.
- Cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely and then store in tightly sealed container. ENJOY :)