Summary: Over 1M Fortnite Eliminations in the Alienware October Showdown!
The “Alienware October Community Showdown” was an event that ran throughout October where streamer communities battled for the most eliminations and victory royales in order to earn a prize pool of 1,000,000 V-Bucks and Alienware PCs.
Weekend #1: Oct 13–14
In this “warm-up” phase, players will try to score a solo Victory Royale in order to win 1,000 V-Bucks. Every solo Victory Royale wins $10 to spend on V-Bucks (limited to one per user). A $2,500 Alienware computer + monitor will be raffled among all US winners.
Weekend #2 + Weekend #3: Oct 15–21 + Oct 22–28
Welcome to the “Community Battle”! This is where the real fun begins and where the prizes significantly ramp up.
Join an influencer community, earn points for each kill and Victory Royale, and make your community rise the leaderboard to win V-Bucks and Alienware PCs.
Influencers will battle for points (earned through each Victory Royale and Kills) while the influencer’s audience joins their community to add even more points to it.
Weekend #4: November 3–4
This is the final phase of the challenge, where similar to the “warm-up”, players try to score a solo Victory Royale to get 1,000 V-Bucks.
Community Battle Summary
Now that the community battle part is over, here are some interesting observations and data about the event:
- This was the first time in Twitch’s history where an extension was used alongside in-game events in order to pit streamer communities against each other
- Over 1,000 streamers participated in the event!
- Over 16,000 Fortnite players joined a streamer community to help raise it to the top
- Overall, there were 1,068,418 total kills across all communities during the event
- Overall, there were 34,599 total victory royales across all communities during the event
We would love to get feedback about the event so you can let us know what you enjoyed and what you’d like to see in the future.
Let us know in the comments below which brand would you like to see in a future event.