Finding the correct IB symbol
lots of people have trouble with IB symbol definitions because it’s a bit tricky.
the IB tws setup guide is your best bet :
- lookup the contract in tws quote window first to make sure you know how to find it
- then right click on the quote and choose contract info > details
- you can also search the ib contract database for symbols
- on the details page, the contract id seems to be one of the most important in general
- multiplier, exchange and currency are also important
- in general you can copy an existing Overrides entry and modify it
- the first line of the overrides file can be whatever symbol you want
- use quotopia design in glean live signals view to test your symbol
- once you are working, please post your symbol override line here so other people can benefit from your work
if you have questions let us know.
Originally published at gleanusers.vanillaforums.com.