How API can Transform Wine Industry?
Today, however wine industry is enduring its biggest ever breakthrough since it went digital. Tens of millions of dollars worth investment is happening to undergo digital transformation. In line with digital transformation, API is tending towards simplifying the way information is getting exchanged. Many wine vendors have made a move to involve API in their business process and many more have imitated them just for the sake of doing so. But only few have understood how an API can improve their business prospects.
A public API in wine industry will grant the developer access to comprehensive wine catalogue and wine related information. This will make the data user-friendly and Open which helps in drawing insights to make future decisions. For instance, let us assume a wine vendor who wanted a portal for developers to make the process of exploring, debugging and testing their app simplified than before. An open API provides required potential and flexibility for effective data distribution and accelerated application performance. This will bring together the geographically existing customer set across the Web, Social and mobile apps.
An effective API strategy is backed up by many developments:
- Increased number of app users across mobile, web and social platforms.
- E Retailers embracing mobile apps over any other online platform.
- Surging dependency of Big data based apps
- More number of wine discovery apps and their openness towards sharing the data for comparative analysis
The Future Scope
Going forward, there are many ways where API can impact the wine industry. Especially when the number of handheld devices are raising, there is always scope for online apps which work on Cloud data. It might be a comparison app for brands or an order management apps like PocketAdvantage, they will start relying more on wine APIs which distribute real-time data. This will eliminate the possibilities of multiple data-entry and encourage flawless data exchange across multiple platforms.
Following are few wine APIs which are currently relevant in market
- Adegga API: Social Wine Discovery service
- AVIN API: Wine tracking number repository
- Cruvee Partner Link API: Wine database update system
- Cruvee Social API: Social media search for wine industry
- Cruvee Wine Search API: Wine industry search service
- ShipCompliant Marketplace API: Wine shipping information service
- Snooth API: Wine recommendations service
- Wine-Searcher API: Wine search service
- Wine.com API: Wine reference and resources
Precautions to be taken
To handle this rising demand and reliance on API in wine industry, we of course need an effective API management system in place. If not, the data stored and exchanged faces the vulnerability of getting exploited. This will also bring the effective regulation on data being used. The vulnerability of API might not be just in terms of security, but even repeated hits for a single real-time data set may harm the API service. Considering these aspects, it is good to look at the API security models which offer data protection and selective openness for concerned authority.