The Best Way to Enjoy London on a Budget
London is one of the places that are on everyone’s bucket list. It is a place that allows you to feed your inner wanderlust as you walk its streets and eat the local cuisine. It’s a place where people from all over the work travel to in order to relax, see the sights, do some shopping, and enjoy.
The best way to enjoy London is not by going to the different tourist spots and landmarks. The best way to do this is to do as the locals do. Here are some ways to ‘blend’ into the London scene:
1. Book a longer trip than usual — some people go for quick holidays and weekend vacations. To fully appreciate and immerse yourself in London culture, it is advisable to take an extended vacation. Book your trip on off-peak seasons like autumn or other days when tourists are at its lowest.
2. Stay at self catering apartments London — If you are planning on a long stay, self catering apartments are the best places to go. Apartments such as the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair provide spacious rooms that contain all the comforts of home. Apartments like these are also less expensive than hotels. You can use your savings to use for shopping and other activities.
3. Live in the middle of it all — the best way to see London up close and personal is to stay right smack in the middle of it all. There are many inexpensive serviced apartments that sit just a few minutes away from Hyde Park, the shopping district, and The Houses of Parliament among other attractions. The convenience of having all the best places within easy reach makes it more economical for you as you don’t have to spend a lot on transportation. You can even do as the locals do and walk to your destination and explore London on foot.
4. Sample the local cuisine — London is more than fish and chips. They also have great tea, sumptuous biscuits, tasty Yorkshire Pudding, and filling beef Wellington. Grab a full English breakfast complete with blood pudding and sausages while you are at it. To really experience London, these are just some of the things you need to taste. There are many inexpensive places that offer these things. You can even create your own London sampler if you have a self catering apartment that has its own cooking space.
5. Watch a local play or concert or visit an exhibit — London is a place where artistic talents are celebrated. In almost every corner in London, there are museums, galleries, theaters, parks and arenas full of artistic works. A lot of them are offered for free so go ahead and visit these amazing places and marvel at the beautiful art that you see.
These are some of the best ways to enjoy London on a budget. Book your stay in Self Catering Apartments London and enjoy London the way you should.