These Social Media Tips Will Boost Your Small Business Success

You would agree that Social Media has grown to become the fuel that powers the growth and visibility of many Businesses today, especially new ones.

However, getting started and staying on track can be overwhelming because there’s a lot more involved in Social Media usage and management, than posting beautiful pictures.

The good thing is that there are social media tools that can ease things quickly, and to make effective use of them doesn’t cost you millions.

Social media is one of the best ways to connect with fans and potential customers and using it for your small business, doesn’t have to be scary or expensive.

Using these 5 simple social media marketing tips, your business can easily reach new markets, build awareness, and drives sales.

Have a Plan Handy

Since it’s quite easy to just set up an account and start posting away, it might be tempting to carry on without a foolproof and well thought out plan.

It is important to note that every good business strategy starts with a solid plan and Social Media for small business, is no different.

Without a plan, it becomes difficult to know what you’re trying to achieve with your social media posts and if they are aligned with your business goals.

Choose the Platforms That Work for you

With the many social platforms, it is common knowledge that they all don’t work the same way. You don’t just decide to use Instagram because you have beautiful pictures and captions. The question you should ask yourself is ‘Is my audience on Instagram? How many percent of them are there? How long do they spend there?

Carefully carry out your research based on your business niche, target audience, and other important factors. This helps you to know what platform(s) you should channel more energy into rather than making assumptions and wasting time, money, and efforts.

It is also important to bear in mind that you can reach different audiences or meet different business goals via different channels.

Building Relationships is Important

In social media marketing, sales is important but building relationships is ‘IMPORTANTER.’

One interesting thing about social media compared to other marketing channels is that it allows you to communicate directly with your customers and followers. You can build relationships over time, rather than asking for a sale right up front — this is where the 80–20 rule comes in.

The rule says use 80% of your content to inform, educate, or entertain your audience and the remaining 20%, to promote your brand or sell your products.

When people engage with your organic content, you can easily respond, helping to build trust and form the early stages of a rewarding customer relationship.

Groups, Communities and other channels that bring people together for banters, support and ultimately sales is another way to establish relationships and brand loyalty.

Share Compelling and Convincing Visuals

Every day, the engagement of people in long posts and descriptions drop because people now move at a faster pace. As a result, you have milliseconds to catch and retain the attention of consumers — what better way to do this than compelling visuals?

Twitter’s internal data shows that people are three times more likely to engage with Tweets that have visual elements like a video, photo, infographic, or GIF.

Many platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat are visual-first networks so if your content doesn’t look good, people may not stop scrolling to read what you have to say.

Creatively weave your stories along beautiful photos and videos to increase engagement and awareness for your brand.

Quality over Quantity

With the various channels available, you may think you need to post every time of the day and on all platforms… You don’t.

You don’t need to be on every single social media platform, what is important is creating quality content on the key channels where you can really connect with your audience.

Be sure that your content offers value — if all you focus on is pitching and selling, people have no reason to follow you.

A good rule of thumb; Social marketing is all about building relationships so be sure to communicate, engage, respond, and take feedback graciously.

No matter how small your business, these tips can help you better connect with your audience, reach new potential customers while increasing awareness for your brand. If it seems overwhelming at first, start small and once you’ve mastered the art, you can build from what you’ve learned and expand your efforts.

Have you visited our store today? See what our Editor has picked for you.