Women’s Guide — Understanding body types
This is a series of body type guides which we will be giving tips on over the next few weeks. Forget for once what the fashion magazines and tabloids say, we believe dressing up should be about feeling great in what you’re wearing. There is no cookie-cutter approach to style.
This article is tailored towards women in their journey to understand their body types. What this article provides you are guidelines, not rules for you to follow by the book. In this article, expect tips and tricks on how to play up your favorite features, to must-have styles in your closet.
Know your body type
Understanding your body type is your gateway to finding your fashion style. Everybody and every body is different so if you feel you don’t fit into any of these body types, that’s okay too. However, it is important for you to determine and embrace your body type. These are only guidelines to get you started on knowing how to dress for your body shape.
- You’re not particularly curvy
- Your shoulders and hip measurements are nearly the same
- Your weight is fairly evenly distributed throughout your body
- You are generally well-proportioned
- You carry the most weight through your bust and mid-section
- You are not necessarily as curvy through your hips
- You’d describe your body as curvy
- You have a well-defined waist
- Your bust and hip measurements are roughly even
- Your waist is larger than your bust
- You have proportionately slim arms and shoulders
- You tend to have wider hips!
In the light of the above, we hope this gives you insight on how to dress your body type and what fits you. Learning how to dress for your body type may now become a feat, but we’re here to help you. We will be feeding you with helpful tips over the coming weeks, so stay tuned and subscribe to our newsletters here.