The Week in Trump
One Down, 207 to go.
No analysis here — just trying to keep track of everything that happened. The hits just keep on coming.
Day One — Friday, January 20, 2017 (100) (654) (1461)
- Trump Inaugurated.
- 217 arrested at DC inauguration protests.
- Executive Order attempting to dismantle Affordable Care Act; Presidential Memorandum freezing new regulations and postponing effective date of new ones.
- James Mattis confirmed as Secretary of Defense 98–1; John Kelly confirmed as Secretary of Homeland Security 88–11.
- ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org goes live.
Day Two — Saturday, January 21, 2017 (99) (653) (1460)
- Women’s March on Washington dwarfs inauguration crowd size 3:1; Sister marches take place nationwide and in every continent, drawing 3.2 million.
- Trump gives rambling, self-congratulatory address at the CIA.
- Trump orders Spicer to chastise press about inauguration crowd size.
- Trump personally pressures director of National Park Service over inauguration crowd size.
Day Three — Sunday, January 22, 2017 (98) (652) (1459)
- KellyAnne Conway says Trump never intends to release his tax returns, calls administration ingauguration lies “alternative facts.”
- Trump tweets about protest, inauguration crowd size and TV ratings.
Day Four — Monday, January 23, 2017 (97) (651) (1458)
- Presidential memorandum reinstating the global gag rule on abortion; Presidential memorandum withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific Partnership; Presidential memorandum freezing federal hiring.
- Gag rule issued to EPA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Interior (date approximate).
- Trump meets with corporate executives, announces “we’re going to be cutting regulation massively.”
- Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington sues Trump for violating Emoluments Clause.
- Mike Pompeo confirmed as CIA director 66–32.
- Rex Tillerson approved by Senate Foreign Relations Committee 11–10 (party line vote).
- Julia Hahn announced as aide to Bannon.
Day Five — Tuesday, January 24, 2017 (96) (650) (1457)
- Presidential Memoranda reviving Keystone XL Pipeline and Dakota Access Pipeline; Presidential Memorandum “streamlining regulatory burdens for US manufacturing;” Executive Order expediting environmental review and approval of high priority infrastructure projects.
- James Comey will continue as FBI Director; Nikki Haley confirmed as United Nations ambassador 96–4
- Trump tweets about sending “the Feds” to Chicago over crime numbers.
Day Six — Wednesday, January 25, 2017 (95) (649) (1456)
- Presidential Memorandum to build the border wall; Executive Orders on immigration and border security: create more detention centers, add thousands of border patrol agents, withhold federal funds from Sanctuary Cities.
- Trump tweets about “voter fraud”.
Day Seven — Thursday, January 26, 2017 (94) (648) (1455)
- Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto cancels planned visit.
- Trump addresses GOP retreat in Philadelphia, congratulating himself again on election night victory; Several thousand protest outside.
- Trump tweets about Chelsea Manning.
Just 207 more weeks to go! (93 days left in the first 100 days, 647 days until the midterm elections, and 1454 until the next regularly scheduled inauguration.)
647 days until the midterm elections, and 1454 until the next regularly scheduled inauguration.)