Social media platforms are going all-in for private messaging. With apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Snapchat seeing exponential growth in mere months, it should be no surprise that Facebook has stepped up its game for people to connect easily on Messenger.
Did you know Facebook Messenger has its own website?
Using your Messenger code takes a little bit of know-how, and we’ll walk you through how to find your code, share your code, and use a code to communicate through Messenger.
How to find your Facebook profile’s Messenger code
Want a visual guide? This video will walk you through how to find your Facebook Profile’s Messenger Code.
You must use your mobile device to find your Facebook Messenger code.
- You will need to download and install the Facebook Messenger app on your mobile device. Facebook is pushing all Messenger users to use the app exclusively for direct communications.
- Once you sign in, click on the upper right person icon.
- Your Facebook Messenger code for your personal profile will appear with your profile picture in the center. You will also be provided with a direct link to your Facebook Messenger.
Save, Share, or Scan a code:
Click on your Messenger code to see the following options:
- Save/Share Your Code:
- Tap the My Code tab.
- Tap your Messenger code to see options to save or share your code.
- Scan a Code:
- Tap the Scan Code tab.
- Your device will open a scan feature which allows you to capture another Profile or Page Messenger code to open a Facebook Message to that Profile or Page.
How to find your Page’s Messenger code
- Go into your device’s Facebook Pages Manager app.
- Select the Page with the code you wish to find.
- Once you’re on the selected Page, click on the Messages icon along the top.
- Now, along the top, you should see the Messenger icon (two nested circles of broken lines).
- Click on the Messenger icon to view and share your Messenger code or Messenger link.
- Go to your Facebook Page and click on the Messages tab along the top (only a Page Admin will be able to view this option).
- Once you’re in the Messages tab, click on the small information icon along the bottom.
- A pop-up window will open revealing your Facebook Messenger code for the Facebook Page.
- Click the code symbol to download a PNG version of your Facebook Page’s Messenger code to embed onto your website or blog, add to your email signature, or share via social media.
Use Your Messenger Code
Remember when we said that social media platforms are going all-in for private messaging? That’s because the effectiveness and popularity of private media or dark social is impossible to ignore. With open rates of 98% and overall growth of the biggest four messaging apps exceeding the growth of the biggest four social media apps, private messaging should be part of your social media strategy.
Once you have your Messenger code, there are several ways to share it with your audiences and customers:
- Add your code to your email signature.
- Embed your code (hyperlinked with your Messenger link) on your blog or website.
- Add your code to your business cards.
- Use your code as your social media profile image.
- Get a tattoo of your code! (OK, not really. Just checking to see if you’re still reading.)
Want to see how this all works? Try scanning the Really Social Messenger code above to get started!
via WordPress http://ift.tt/28PVxs2