5 Must Have Apps for Train Travelers in India
With the growth of smart phone and digital know-how in India, traveler’s reliance on useful apps has grown further. These applications not only make your on-going travel trip much easier, but also helps you in planning your trip in advance. Some of the cool features also help you to get easy bookings during the peak seasons of traveling in India. With galore of apps available for both Android & iOS devices, you might be intrigued about which one to chose and would suit your requirements.
Train travel has never been easier in India. People struggle with ticket bookings. Also, other concerns such as food ordering in trains during the journey is another concern which can bother you.
Here are five must have apps for train travelers:
- IRCTC Connect: This is an Indian Railways official App which offers multiple options including ticket bookings, flight booking options. One can easily plan their travel and needn’t head to IRCTC website for the same. The interface is very much use friendly. One can also book “Tatkal” tickets from this app. The best feature about this app is that you can add passengers from your booked history, which enables faster flow during Tatkal bookings in train. One can also check PNR status for assessing the status of bookings. One can download this app from Play store at : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cris.org.in.prs.ima
- Confirmtkt: If you have an ad-hoc plan and need to reach certain destination within a given time frame, no matter even if you can travel by breaking your journey into multiple stages, this is the app for you. This app let’s you explore alternate options for your bookings. For a travel from New Delhi to Mumbai, you get multiple alternate booking suggestion with each having it’s own confirmation probability listed in the app. This makes your travel very much convenient. The W/L prediction feature makes it stand out from the crowd. One can download the confirmtkt app at : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.confirmtkt.lite
- iXIGO Train App: This railways app from ixigo is undoubtedly one of best and most comprehensive. It offers almost all features that one would need while planning for your next rail travel or travelling. The user-interface is decent and it looks good. Get it on Google Play Store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ixigo.train.ixitrain
- NTES: The best app for tracking trains running status on the go. It’s an Indian Railways official App and provides accurate info on real time basis. You don’t need to follow the IVR way of calling at 139 if you have this handy and easy to use app. One can also check trains available between two stations for regular commuting. It also offers options to get trains for next 4 hours which you can opt for commuting for some official travel. One can download it from Play store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cris.icms.ntes
- Food In Train App: Prolonged travel hours need something which can spice up your journey and help you overcome boredom. You would hate the food served in pantry facility or must have had a not so good experience of getting food supplies from local vendors etc. But, you can book your meals in advance or while traveling in train. Railrestro, the must have app for ordering food in train. Being an official e-catering partner of IRCTC, Railrestro offers wider menu options via its website or app. One needs to just enter their PNR info and go forward with menu selection and addition to cart which one needs to order. One has the option to either pay online (which comes with discount offers of about 10%) or opt for Cash on Delivery options. One can plan a complete meal for all courses. It also offers a great options for group food orders in train.
- Indian Train Alarm: Ever wasn’t able to sleep half of your travel because you didn’t want to miss your destination station at 3:00AM, well I have. Who doesn’t like a nice sleep and to help you with that, here is a simple app from Anagog India. The Indian Train Alarm app allows you to set alarm when you train is 5km or 25km from a specified station.
Love for travel is inevitable and your passion for the same needs some smarter decisions while planing your trip. Making the best use of available technology can help you achieve it in an easy manner. Make sure you get the aforementioned apps in your device when you plan your journey.