Ralph’s got the momentum going into Primary Day — here are 5 reasons why
Primary Day is in just four days — and we’re feeling the momentum! From newspaper endorsements to grassroots donations, progressive allies to field numbers, Ralph’s moving full steam ahead for a win on Tuesday. Here’s why:
1. Ralph just won the endorsement of the Washington Post —
— and the Falls Church News-Press.
2. He’s got the support of a host of progressive organizations: NARAL, VEA, LiUNA, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, Pride Fund to End Gun Violence, Equality VA, VoteVets, Newtown Action Alliance, NOW, Feminist Majority, and the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
3. Virginia Democratic officials are overwhelmingly supporting him including Senators Warner and Kaine, Governor McAuliffe, Attorney General Herring, the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus, and the entire Democratic caucus.
4. Ralph has a strong network of grassroots donors based right here in Virginia. He’s received more than 54,051 contributions — 8,080 in the last reporting period alone — with 90 percent of all contributions being $100 or less. A whopping 85 percent of the total amount he’s raised came from Virginians.
5. Team Northam has the strongest ground game around. So far this cycle, volunteers and organizers have knocked over 102,000 doors, called 632,000 Virginians, and activated over 2,650 volunteers, nearly 1,000 of which came out last weekend to talk to voters about how much is at stake in this election.
It’s undeniable that Ralph’s got momentum — but he hasn’t won yet. This weekend volunteers across Virginia will be working hard to get out the vote. Sign up today to be a part of it!