- The backwards compatible upgrade path for react-native modules is to check which file we can import, rather than just swapping out the paths directly.
- Between v0.39 and v0.40 of React-Native, they made a major breaking change ; What changed were the import paths for the objective-c modules that native modules use.
- How to upgrade React-Native Modules in a backwards compatible manner
- Never miss a story from Em Smith , when you sign up for Medium.
- This means that we can all update our react-native modules without forcing breaking changes on users.
@martinkonicek: “Make you React Native Obj-C library compatible with React Native 0.40 👍 Great post by @ThisIsMissEm 👏” open tweet »