- Install React Native Without Android StudioSo you just started to develop react native, you follow the getting started guide, it required you to install Android studio and you was like ಠ_ಠ.
- As you may know, android studio is full featured Java android development IDE, you probably would not use that (except if you want to develop native modules).
- This article will guide you to install android sdk without android studio, forget the gui, we will use cli like a real programmer.Prerequisite:java jdk 8nodejs react-native-cliAndroid phone (Creating Android Virtual Device is not discussed in this guide)Step 1.
- Download Android SDK onlyOpen scroll to the bottom in the “Get just the command line tools” section.
- At the getting started guide, react native required:Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) SDK (platform 23)Android build tool 23.0.1Google “platforms;android-23” “build-tools;23.0.1” will be asked for confirmation, type “y” then enter.Step 3.
@ReactDOM: “Install React Native Without Android Studio #android #reactnative #reactjs #reactjs” open tweet »