Direct Download Links — Windows Server 2019 General Availability (LTSC): Datacenter, Standard, Essentials & Hyper-V Server 2019. 180-Day Evaluation .ISO & .VHD
Earlier this month, on October/2/2018 to be exact, Microsoft released the Windows Server 2019 product family (along with Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC and Windows Server 1809). Just 2–3 days thereafter, by October/5/2018, Microsoft mysteriously removed all those products from the web! According to Microsoft, this is due to a bug regarding Known Folder Redirection (KFR) which affects multiple platforms:
Consequentially, it’s not possible to download Windows Server 2019 Datacenter, Standard, Essentials or Hyper-V Server 2019 from the Microsoft Evaluation Center or from other sources (e.g. my.visutalstudio). Or is it?
No worries, we got your back :)
Here are the direct download links (which are still intact) for the entire product family of Windows Server 2019, including: Windows Server 2019 Standard, Datacenter, Essentials, and Hyper-V Server 2019.
Notice that according to Microsoft, those products shall not be used as updates, but only for new installations:
“We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 (version 1809)… reports of missing files after updating”
Direct Download Links for 180-Day Evaluation
- Windows Server 2019 Standard or Datacenter .ISO — This ISO contains both forms of installation: Server Core and Desktop Experience (aka “full installer” / “server with GUI”). Build: 17763.1.180914–1434.rs5
- Windows Server 2019 Datacenter with Desktop Experience (.VHD)
- Windows Server 2019 Features on Demand (FOD) — for Server Core only
- Windows Server 2019 Essentials .ISO — 180-Day Evaluation. Build: 17763.1.180914–1434.rs5
- Hyper V-Server 2019 .ISO — free for unlimited use. Build: 17763.1.180914–1434.rs5
Bonus Tip — Activation
The evaluation versions of Windows Server 2019 are the same as the paid retail versions. It is possible to activate the evaluation versions and then use them for good. More about activation is available here.
Invitation: Come check out our new blog-portal, Startups Israel, where you can read reviews of top startup companies, and learn how to raise money from investors, the idea of market validation, are startup stock options any good? and beyond…