How Small Businesses Empower the Remote Work Revolution
I uncovered an article on the Huffington Post listing the reasons that Small Businesses are contributing to the Remote Work phenomenon. A lot of the benefits apply to any size organization, and the article lists the usual suspects:
- Expenses — Smaller offices mean it’s cheaper to have team members work from home
- Larger Talent Pool — Want to compete with the “big players” in large cities? Recruit from anywhere.
- Employees Want To Work From Home — Employee retention is important anywhere. You might not be able to compete with all of a larger company’s benefits, but giving workers an opportunity to telecommute can give your small business an edge.
- Technology Allows It — It’s a lot more technically feasible to cheaply have a remote workforce than ever before.
- Customer Facing Businesses are Evaporating — Brick and mortar businesses are on the decline, which obviates the need for onsite help.
You can read the full article here.
Originally published at www.remotelyawesomejobs.com.