Terms and Conditions
Carla team will make every effort in good will to protect your rights. Carla will forward your car reservation to the rental car provider. Terms and conditions may vary according to car rental company. When renting a car, car rental company terms & conditions will be applicable as well as our terms. Please read the terms and conditions of the car rental company carefully. You can get it when collecting the car or online.
By making a booking with Carla, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions.
All car rental companies require the following:
1.VALID DRIVING LICENSE
2.CREDIT CARD UNDER DRIVER NAME FOR DEPOSIT
After completing your reservation, you will receive a voucher email with details. You can also see your reservation on the app. Carla will forward your car reservation to the rental car provider. Carla’s service is to make a car rental reservation on behalf of you. Terms and conditions may vary according to car rental company. Please read the terms and conditions of the car rental company carefully. In case of reservation amendments, Carla team will contact you through email and phone. Please provide your contact info accurate. Carla will not take any responsibility if the client fails to provide accurate contact information or does not respond to emails and phone calls.
We can add child and infant seat to your reservation upon your request. Please email us if you wish to rent a child/infant seat. Alternatively, you can rent a child/infant seat at the counter.
Please check Included Free section to learn about what is included in your rental price. Additional services, out of hours, under age fees, fuel and one way rental fees may not be included in price and are paid locally to the car rental company.
You can see what’s included in price on Included Free section. Inclusions may change based on the car rental company, car class and location.
Unlimited Mileage /Kilometers
You can drive the car any miles/km, there will not be any extra charges.
Collision Damage Waiver CDW/Loss Damage Waiver LDW/Damage Liability Fee DLF
All of these terms relate to the coverage supplied by the car rental company. Collision Damage Waiver reduces the renter’s liability from the total cost of the damage to an excess amount. CDW will not be applicable if the renter is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. CDW covers liability for damage to the car or its parts. Windscreens, tyres, underbody, replacement locks, replacement keys and towing charges may not be covered by CDW. CDW includions may differ by car rental company. Please check it when picking the car up. You can purchase full coverage CDW from us.
Theft Protection TP
Theft Protection reduces the renter’s liability in the case of theft or damage caused due to theft or attempted theft of the car to an excess amount. Theft Protection terms may differ by car rental company. Please check it when picking the car up.
Supplemental Liability Insurance SLI
Supplemental Liability Insurance provides coverage against third-party claims which are covered by the policy, whether they’re for bodily injury or property damage as the result of an accident. Supplemental Liability Insurance terms may differ by car rental company. Please check it when picking the car up.
Free amendments mean you can modify your reservation dates free.
Optional services such as Roadside Assistance, Toll Pass, Fuel Fees sold at the counter are determined by the car rental company and we have no control over the process. Please contact the car rental company if you have any questions about the additional services. Optional services are charged/refunded by car rental companies. We can not accept liability for any charges incurred as a result of documentation signed for and accepted at the car rental company counter.
Some of the car rental companies in Europe apply out of hours fee if you pick up after their closing time. It will be payable at the counter. You can contact us or the car rental company to get information.
If you select to drop off at a different location, all car rental companies charge one-way fee. Please check Included Free section to see if one-way fee is included in price or not. If one-way fee is included in price then you will not be charged at the counter. If one-way fee is not seen on Included Free section, car rental company may charge you at the counter. In some destinations such as from Miami to Orlando, there is no one-way fee. You can get detailed information by contacting us or the car rental company.
Additional charges may apply for drivers under the age of 25. You can find detailed information about under 25 fees on our blog post on www.rentcarla.com. Please check Included Free section to see if under 25 fee is included in price or not. If under 25 fee is included in price then you will not be charged at the counter. If under 25 fee is not seen on Included Free, car rental company may charge you at the counter. In some countries, there is no under 25. Please check it before booking.
Car rental companies get a deposit from your credit card. Deposit is a temporary hold. Deposit is refunded after drop off. Deposit amount may vary depending on car type and car rental company. Please check with car rental company the deposit amount.
We try to show to most relevant car on fleet coming from the car rental company online service. When you are making a reservation, you reserve the car class, not the exact car. This is a standard in car rental industry. Please note that car rental companies do not guarantee exact make and model except for high-end cars (Ferrari, etc) or if it specifically states that it is a “guranteed model”. When picking up the car, you will receive a similar or a better segment car. Similar car means any car brand in the same car class. For example, if you reserve intermediate car you will receive Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra or a similar class car but not a Hyundai Accent which is an economy car.
Car Pick-up Locations
Pick up at airport: You can go to car rental company counter located in the terminal.
Free shuttle to pick up location: There will be a free shuttle from airport to the car rental company office. Some of the car rental companies have an office nearby the airport. You can take their shuttle to their office to pick up your car. Free shuttle is usually located outside the terminal at a designated area.
Meet & Greet/Delivery: Car rental company agent will meet you at the airport. They will call you before meeting or hold a sign their company logo
You can cancel your reservation on Carla app. Please tap top left drawer icon on home screen. Tap “Cancel Reservation” under info tab. Enter your confirmation number and email to cancel.
As we are showing rental cars from different car rental companies, cancellation policy differs based on the car and company. You can find it under Terms & Conditions after selecting the car. Cancellations and modifications should be done through Carla.
Carla does not make a refund of car rental charge in any of the following circumstances:
If the client did not pick up the car.
If the client did not show up to a car rental counter on the pick up day, or showed up late, or dropped the car off ahead of schedule.
If the client is unable to pick up the car for the reason that some of his documents (driving license, passport, credit card or other ID) do not meet car rental company terms and conditions. Please contact the car rental company beforehand for specific information. Some of the car rental companies require international driver’s license.
If the client is under the minimum age. The minimum age to rent a vehicle at most car rental locations in the United States and Canada is 21 years of age. Please contact the car rental company beforehand for specific information on driver ages at the location where you intend to rent and the applicable charge for drivers 21 to 24 years of age.
If the client is unable to provide credit card in driver’s name, or there are not enough funds on it to block a security deposit. Car rental companies will not accept debit, prepaid, recharge or virtual credit cards — or any card on which the relevant characters are not embossed.
If the client’s credit score is not enough to rent a car.
If the client was previously blacklisted by the car rental company.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us email@example.com
Enjoy your trip!
Your privacy is important for Carla. Carla cares about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect and use information.
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information which you provide to us, or which is provided to us by third parties
The following personal information about you is provided to us either by you, or by third parties:
- Information that you have provided to us or one of our third-party suppliers, such as your name, email address, telephone number, age, payment information, credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, and similar information. This includes credit card information you provide when provide an image of your credit card to us using a mobile phone.
- Information you provide to us when you communicate with us as part of the Services, for example when you email us, or whenever you use the chat feature on our website.
- Information about you that you have made publicly available and which we use as part of the Services.
- Information about your location. We use this information to provide our Services to you, to improve our Services, and to send you information about products and services you may be interested in.
You can decide not to provide certain personal information. However, if you choose not to provide it, you may not be able to use our Services.
When you use our Services, some information is also automatically collected, such as:
- Information about how you use our app (for example, how long you spend using it, how often, and when you last used it).
- Information about your location.
- We may collect certain technical and device-specific information, such as your IP address, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including your phone number.
Our purpose in collecting personal information is to complete your rental car booking and forward required details to only the rental car provider.
In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant booking details to the rental car provider you have booked with. This may include information such as your name, age and payment information.
We may share your personal information with government bodies or authorities if we are asked and required by law to do so.
You have rights to access/update/delete your data at any point of time. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be provided with the simple steps you can take to view, update and delete your data.
We use industry standard security measures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give to us.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
If you are accessing our Services in Europe, then we are required to ensure that we only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and providing our Services).
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in connection with our Services; to improve our Services; to ensure that our Services are secure; to, tell you about changes to our Services; to tell you about new services or products we are offering; for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); to tell you about offers or promotions we are running; for operational purposes.
- Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g. by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details above.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil or achieve the above mentioned purposes. Alternatively, we may continue to use your personal information in anonymised form.
- We may retain personal information about how you have used our Services in anonymised or aggregated form after you have completed your reservation with us so we can analyse how you have used our Services and improve users’ experience,
- We may also retain your personal information after your reservation ends so that we can send you information about products and services we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested.
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third party, or to comply with the law.
Your credit card is processed on PCI compliant servers. PCI security standards set the technical and operational requirements for software developers accepting or processing payment transactions. PCI Council was founded in 2006 by American Express, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard and Visa Inc. You can get more information on PCI security on their website.
Carla welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.