What does freedom look like to you?
- the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
- exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
- the power to determine action without restraint.
- political or national independence.
- personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.
- exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually followed by from): freedom from fear.
- the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
I can’t believe we live in a society that has created such stigma and discrimination around mental illness. Mental health is just as important as our physical health too. There should be no shame, stigma or discrimination around such an equally important issue/health epidemic.
After coming back from my counselling session, thinking after the time I finally promised myself that I’d stop trying to get my parents to change how they view mental health, which I was following for a while till things got worse and started trying again and standing up for myself.
Trying to eliminate a coupe barriers at least. But as discussed in previous session as well as clarifying from the previous session with my counsellor that I can’t change how they view mental health. It just takes away from me focusing on recovering from my depression relapse and taking better care of myself daily.
I need to continue focusing on my recovery and taking better care of myself daily as I originally promised myself weeks ago. But I’m still gonna continue spreading awareness, promoting positive mental health, educating myself more on the epidemic and writing inspiring, uplifting, encouraging, relatable and educational articles on my Medium & WattPad account.